Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

work nd breast feeding

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:21 AM
  • 23 Replies
I know there's a group for breast feeding but I feel as if this group is more active.
Well my Dh recently lost his job and I don't want to go on pa so I am going to start applying at places. But here's the thibg I'm currently breast feeding and don't want to stop. I do have a pump but no stash and I have bottle fed breast milk but he doesn't really like it. He's only 2 months what should I do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkWink
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:23 AM
Start pumping now to get a stash established and try different bottles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommii2.1
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:25 AM
How do I stash them?

Quoting PinkWink:

Start pumping now to get a stash established and try different bottles.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:26 AM
Start building up a stash now. Doing a pumping session daily when you wake up is an easy way to start.

I worked f/t and breastfed both boys. Neither boy ever got any formula - it totally can work!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:30 AM

That sucks. I hope ya'll get on your feet soon. My husband got laid off 2 weeks before my son was born, and I was stressed out about that, and then a lot of other stuff happened and my body was just in shambles after my son was born via c-section...it sucked, really bad experience, long story. I tried breastfeeding and I was trying SO hard, but I don't think my body could do it because he was always hungry after I fed him from my breast. I had him spend an hour on each breast one time, and nothing was coming out and he was still hungry, so I ended up giving him formula. I felt like a failure. I got over it, and just moved on though. After you breast feed him, pump, and try and get as much out as you can, and freesze it. Thats the only advice I got for you.

Mommii2.1
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:44 AM
Freeze it in a bottle?

Quoting Anonymous:

That sucks. I hope ya'll get on your feet soon. My husband got laid off 2 weeks before my son was born, and I was stressed out about that, and then a lot of other stuff happened and my body was just in shambles after my son was born via c-section...it sucked, really bad experience, long story. I tried breastfeeding and I was trying SO hard, but I don't think my body could do it because he was always hungry after I fed him from my breast. I had him spend an hour on each breast one time, and nothing was coming out and he was still hungry, so I ended up giving him formula. I felt like a failure. I got over it, and just moved on though. After you breast feed him, pump, and try and get as much out as you can, and freesze it. Thats the only advice I got for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oceanus407
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:46 AM
The easiest is to freeze it in. a milk bag.

Quoting Mommii2.1:

Freeze it in a bottle?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommii2.1
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:48 AM
O.o milk bagss?

Quoting oceanus407:

Quoting Mommii2.1:

Freeze it in a bottle?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:48 AM
Breastfeed and pump at the same time. If you have a deep freezer use it because they can get colder than your freezer above your fridge. I put the date/time on the ziplock (that's what I use) before I put it in the freezer. Read up on how long frozen breast milk lasts, too so you know. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:49 AM
You don't need the milk bags...they are handy but you can use a ziplock bag or even a tupperware container.

Quoting Mommii2.1:

O.o milk bagss?

Quoting oceanus407:

Quoting Mommii2.1:

Freeze it in a bottle?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diegosmom828
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:51 AM
They have milk bags in the baby section next to the pumps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN