Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms with IUD, Implanon, Depo Shot, the Pill, etc. Read here!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 171 Replies

If you're on birth control (IUD's, implanon, depo shot, pill, etc. anything else) do you still use condoms as well?? 

My SO wants to still use condoms even after I get on a long term birth control this wednesday and I don't want to use them anymore because they'd be a waste of money and an inconvenience if I'm on something else for birth control!  He's saying that he's just being more careful to not get pregnant cause we can't have another baby yet and I'm trying to reassure him that that is what the shot, pill, iud ,etc. is for .. but he wants to hear it from a doctor before he'll believe it.  

Anyone have anything helpful to say?  

What do you take for birth control?  If you're pregnant or have tubes tied or DH/SO is snipped what did you take before that? Still using condoms as well or just the pill/iud/shot etc. ?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:51 AM
2 moms liked this

I have the mirena and we don't use condoms. The doctor will tell him you don't need them Wednesday and this will all be over.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:52 AM
I have impanon we never use condoms and he cums in me and i have never gotten preg been on it for a year. I got preg with the pill and mirena.
coconut01
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:53 AM
This its been two years for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have impanon we never use condoms and he cums in me and i have never gotten preg been on it for a year. I got preg with the pill and mirena.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:54 AM
My dh got snipped and I got a mirena for menstral issues
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:54 AM

I had the shot. We didn't use any condoms (condoms hurt me anyway.) It actually took us a very long time after I got OFF the shot to get pregnant. It works pretty well, though of course isn't 100 percent.

college.mom
by Mindi on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Yes.  We do.  Because I have gotten pregnant on IUD, two pills, nuvaring and the shot.  I have the implanon now.  When I am done with school we will stop using condoms, and I will still be on the implanon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:54 AM
I love it i get my period every other month for a couple days and its very light. I could go with out the weight gain lol but thats it.

Quoting coconut01:

This its been two years for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mommii2.1
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:54 AM
I'm on depo we don't use them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:55 AM
I was on the pill and we were using condoms most of the time. Yet when we went on vaca we forgot to bring them so we said oh what the Hell why not. I now have a 2 year old. So yes we use two forms of birth control at all times now on top of tracking my ovulating.
jesistar6910
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Get him an informational pamphlet on the birth control you are using. Let's be frank, he has a valid point. All of these types of birth control are only 99.99% effective. There is that .01% chance that pregnancy can happen (and can be very dangerous depending on the circumstances) so I can see why he might be weary. If it means that much to him to be extra careful, then let him until he either sees the pamphlet or talks to a doctor. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)