Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am off work today and ran to the store at 8am for our weekly groceries, come back around 9am to a msg on our home phone . . . "You were summoned for jury duty this morning at 8:30am....I am assuming you are on your way . . . please come to yada yada . . . "

What?

I recall getting info in the mail about 'you might be summoned' but there was never a date and time on the form.

I called the gal back and had to leave a message telling her I had NO idea and to please call me back.

I have never been summoned before and while I would be fine sitting on a jury, I have shirked my American responsibilities - naughty me.

So, I sit here at home, on my only day off this week, awaiting a warrant for my arrest and a cop to bust down my door. Har.

Has anyone else ever missed jury duty - either on accident or on purpose?

What happened?

I am hoping they will simply call me back and let me know that I will be summoned for a future date.....

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Replies (21-22):
momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I've skipped, definitely on accident - sort of like your situation... That was years ago, and I've never heard anything since - and I've been pulled over before, so there's no warrant or anything... I wouldn't worry about it, if anything, you'll get an angry letter lol!!

Aislinn
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Aislinn:

You are probably going to have to send a letter explaining what happened and you may get a fine... 

Ours gives us 5 bucks for a whole freaking day of sitting there....If they tried to fine me I would only give them 5 bucks maybe less because their time is worth no more then mine...

And then they would put you in jail... :( I totally see your point, though... And agree with it, 100%.

LOL right I wouldn't actually do it. I also joke that if my account get's over drawn I am going to go to the bank and ask for a bail out.. lmao. Of course I would never actually do it but still.

LMAO That is awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured