Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sometimes I feel like I cant stand my Child!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I sometimes feel like my child is being too noisy or too hard to manage! Worse I sometimes feel that he reminds me of his father which makes me dare say "hate" him more. I am not on good terms with my husband and we are going through rough times.

I don't want to hate my child because of my husband? any advice?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:06 AM

No advice because I feel that way sometimes about my kids who are from my ex because he's such a horrible man.

WhitleyLyles
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I am sorry you feel that way. 

sometimes it is hard for me to like my daughter- she is so much like me and definitely hard to tolerate at times, she gives me shit about everything. At the end of the day I love her dearly though. I dont know what to tell you,

I guess just tell yourself that he/she isnt your husband. Your child is part you too.

cmabbott
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Relax, Breathe, get a babysitter for a bit if hubby is being a douche and wont watch him and treat yourself to something special, even if it's an afternoon to yourself.  Give yourself time to regroup.  I get this way and the break really helps even things out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Take a day off just you and your kid and just go have fun..Do whatever it is your kid wants to do and build that bond up again listen without judgement and soak up every giggle and every smile.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Keep him busy. Make alone time for yourself. Break out the family photo album and look at pictures of your family together to remind you of the good things lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ctink8189
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:18 AM
I can relate to that, except my hubby and i are just fine. My DD has some issues that we are trying to figure out, most likely bipolar or something similar. All it takes is something very small to set her off in a fit of rage..and 20 minutes later it is as if nothing happened. That is if we are lucky though, sometimes it lasts for hours. Dealing with her is a constant struggle and it feels like i have to walk on egg shells sometimes. I sometimes feel the same way you do, although i know she truly cannot help it. The same can be said for your son. Take deep breaths..get a break when you can. I know it will get better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM
I kind of know what you mean. I love my oldest daughter so much but sometimes she drives me up the wall. Our personalities clash.
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM

just love them? my son acts horrible when he gets back from his fathers... I just hate it, but plying on the love seems to lessen the problem

bxmom2580
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:06 PM

get some professional help maybe? i know there are things my kids do at times thats make me not like them too much at the time, but never hate, hate is too strong a word/emotion, and to feel that way about your child is a giant red flag

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:27 PM

my 16yr is showing traits of his father which is not a good thing. I don't know if its because its in his genes or if its because thats the man in his life and he is picking up his way of logic. He thinks only women should clean the house and that when he comes home you should serve him because he had a hard day. We got in a huge  fight when he told me that omg I wanted back hand him right in the mouth for even talking like that.Im so embarrassed my son is thinking like is why his father and I divorced also his dad was abusive. I blame myself I think I stayed to long with his dad and he seen so much of it as a child my other son doesn't think like that but him and his dad was never close. I wish their dad was a deadbeat dad and wasn't in their life any more for my own selfish reasons and I know he is telling my oldest this crap and he is eating it up because teens can be so impressionable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)