Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SEXLESS AND LOW-SEX MARRIAGES: Looking to reignite your marriage?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:58 AM
  • 533 Replies
11 moms liked this

shruggingHas it been years since you and your spouse were intimate? Do you have sex with your partner less than 10 times per year? 

If you’re frustrated with your married sex life and want to do something about it share your story with us here for a national TV show!

~Steph

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:11 PM
29 moms liked this

i have a low sex drive and i dont know why. i adore my husband and i think hes hot. sometimes, during the day, i cant wait for us to go to bed then, when we get there, all i want to do is sleep.  I have been to the doctor, i had blood work down. I had my hormone levels checked, they are fine. im not on any meds, i just dont want to have sex and i dont know why

MyLittlePwny
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Thankfully we go no longer than a week and a half without having sex.  The only time it's been longer is when I've given birth.

cjs702006
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

My dh and I hardly have sex anymore. I'm on different meds that cause low libido, but he won't even try with me anymore and makes up all kinds of excusses as to why its MY fault. I'm never alone so I can't even masturbate anymore!

DiANAiVELiSSE
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Thankfully we go no longer than a week and a half without having sex.  The only time it's been longer is when I've given birth.

SAME HERE!  OR when mother nature comes .. other than that no more than 1 wk and a half

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

not completely sex-less but maybe 1 week which is not enough for my dh. i blame it on my depo

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM
19 moms liked this

We've been having problems for years. We have been together for 10 years. He doesn't think that sex is important in a marriage and that sex needs to happen often. Since I married him Sex twice a month was a gift. The last few years (3 or 4) we're lucky to have sex every two months or so. Its SO frustrating. To me I need that intimacy to feel connected and feel emotional towards him and more and more I feel so disconnected from him. He blames things that happened in his childhood which were awful and wrong but I feel like 30 years later he should have dealt with them already. 

I want to have an emotional connection. I want sex and intamcy to be apart of my life. it makes me feel so unwanted that he doesn't see it as important as I do. We've considered doing the 7 days of sex but at this point I kinda resent him for all the years of no sex how can he possibly make it 7 days if he can't even have sex with me 7 times in a year ya know? =\ I just feel like if I give in and we start it he won't be able to finish it and I'll feel even more rejected than I already do. Our marriage is falling apart slowly and surely over this matter and its the ONLY thing we've ever had a problem with and fight about. 

jordonmasonmom
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this
my husband works out of town and is only home 3 days out of a month and i must admit day two we have sex 3 to 4 times if not more that day. It's hard when you have kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ddemarco
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:27 PM
11 moms liked this

Glad I'm not alone.  I have a horribly low sex drive.  We typically have sex once a month.  I don't know what's wrong with me!  :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:33 PM
10 moms liked this

This is us, too.  I don't like being in this spot.  I want to want to have sex.  And it seems like the longer we go without, the less important to me it becomes.  But I know he's frustrated.  And he's stopped initiating because I'm just not interested.  I don't like to be 'roommates.'  I want to have sex with my husband!

And I do NOT want to be on a TV show.  LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

i have a low sex drive and i dont know why. i adore my husband and i think hes hot. sometimes, during the day, i cant wait for us to go to bed then, when we get there, all i want to do is sleep.  I have been to the doctor, i had blood work down. I had my hormone levels checked, they are fine. im not on any meds, i just dont want to have sex and i dont know why

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM

This was me on implanon, it was horrible. Got it removed though :)

Quoting Anonymous:

not completely sex-less but maybe 1 week which is not enough for my dh. i blame it on my depo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)