Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How soon is too soon??

Posted by   + Show Post
I was watching A Baby Story....& the lady had 4 children with her previous husband, who had died. Three years later, she is married & getting ready for her 5th baby.

It struck me as a little too soon. I guess I'm thinking if I lost my husband, I can't imagine being pregnant by another man in 2 years.

What are you all's opinions??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Replies (31-37):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I will never remarry if my husband dies, or if we divorce.

But that is whats right for me, and I do not know what is right for other people. Its really up to them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank your lucky stars that you're so clueless ... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

NO ONE knows what they would do until they lived this.  NO ONE.   And those who think they do?  Have NO IDEA.  There's no way to know until it is your life. 

SterlingHeart
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

everyone's capacity to love & grieve is different......  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Everyone is assuming she still loved her husband when he died. Perhaps the marrige was on the rocks who knows?  Perhaps he made her promise to move on for the sake of the kids...tough to know wihout being her .

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Everyone's mourning period is different, and I can't say how long it would take me to get over a loss. But when you fall in love with someone, you fall in love with them.

tarakay0417
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:14 PM
I don't think I would ever remarry, but every one is different. My dad had a new girl friend just months after my mom passed from breast cancer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured