Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HOW DO I STOP BREASTFEEDING WITHOUT HER SCREAMING ALL DAY!?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

She's almost 2, I can't do it anymore!!!

But whenever I don't let her feed or try to distract her to something she SCREAMS until I do let her!!

HELP!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:59 PM

=(

casanderson1
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Bring group can help with tips on weaning also try Kellymom.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krina
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I'm in the same situation!! I hope someone has some advice because I need to wean my 18mth old for medical reasons and I can't seem to do it.

casanderson1
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:01 PM
BFing group*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalaboosh
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I read that a way to wean is to leave the kid with someone else for a weekend. Then you won't be there to remind them of your milkyness. I personally am against sudden weaning. If you must wean drop one feeding a week, that's my advice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Quoting lalaboosh:

I read that a way to wean is to leave the kid with someone else for a weekend. Then you won't be there to remind them of your milkyness. I personally am against sudden weaning. If you must wean drop one feeding a week, that's my advice.

I don't know how to do that because she feeds on demand and at night so she just comes up and wants it at any random time of the day

lalaboosh
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I think you should ask around and see if any friends or family can have a standing play date with your DD and you can go have some you time. If you aren't there, as I said, she won't really be thinking about milk. And since she's two you could feed her table food to fill her up and she'll want less milk. I feed on demand with my LO, so I know how rough it is. I am commited to self weaning, though. So I'm just riding this wave as long as my sanity will allow. LOL! Also try coconut milk in a sippy cup. It's low in sugar, high in B vitamins, full of amazing coconut goodness (it's actually a really healthy food), and here in WA the organic Safeway brand is pretty affordable!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lalaboosh:

I don't know how to do that because she feeds on demand and at night so she just comes up and wants it at any random time of the day

c00mbies
by Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Im in the same boat. My little one is 15 months and although i dont mind breastfeeding she feeds on demand and still feeds through the night. I dont mind day time feeding but i would love to cut out the night time feedings. I havent had a full night sleep in 2 years :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Its a game of who can hold out the longest. You are the mom. Dont give in. she will eventually realize the screaming isnt getting her what she wants!
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Same way i broke my son from the bottle I suppose. Being loving, kind, and patient for the couple days she misses it. Re enforce that she is now a big girl and growing up. Take her to the store and allow her the big girl job of choosing her own cups. It all worked with my son. He cried for two days and then was done with it. 

ginnjuice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)