Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

circumcision or no?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 296 Replies

Did you get your son circumcised or no? If so which method did your hospital use.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
devinsmom42
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I did but wish I didn't. I got my first son BC I was young and didn't know any better. Did my second BC well my first son was fine....never did my own research on it and I now regret it. It wasn't done properly and some of the skin grew back. I am pregnant again and will not if its a boy. All I can say is watching the videos online where it is done broke my heart and was enough to change my mind. I couldn't do that to my child knowing now what they grow through and knowing it isn't medically nessecary at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have a penis so that decision will remain up to my husband.

Since he is not circumcized, I am willing to bet that he will say no to circumcision.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2012 at 4:01 PM
6 moms liked this

My DH is circumsized and our son will be also. I only know two men who are not(my Dad and a previous bf) and both wish they had been.  I trust my Dad and he had both of his sons circ'd.

RhondaVeggie
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 4:03 PM
12 moms liked this
I prefer my sons genitals unmutilated thanks. If he wants cosmetic surgery to make it smaller and less sensitive as an adult then that's his choice.
PEEK05
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 4:03 PM

No

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Circ'd my oldest, not my youngest...dh is not circ'd...idk why he insisted our first was circ'd but I told him I wasn't doing that to our second
daughteroftruth
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 4:06 PM
2 moms liked this
4 boys, all intacted. No problems with any of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylovey
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Our son will not be circumcised. 

Mommy to a sweet little princess named Saylor, and expecting a bouncing baby boy, Finley. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 16, 2012 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
You all are ridiculous. Dh was and is thrilled his parents did it. He insisted our DS was as well. He'll thank us later.
Tough_Love
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 4:09 PM
2 moms liked this
After watching this video about a year ago is when I decided that I would not be circumcising anymore.

Quoting HoneyPlum:

If anyone can watch this and still decide to mutilate their baby, then they are horrible people in my book.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN