Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not allowed back, moms what do you think he should have done?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

Poll

Question: If your child ran away more than once would you let them come back?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 22

View Results

So back story...

SIL is 13, her mother died when she was 7, she stayed with her mother's boyfriend and her brothers for 3 years until she was 11 and her birth father (my FIL) wanted her back. So he got custody of her, and after a few months pushed her mother's boyfriend completely out of her life and pretty well turned her into the maid. He yells at her for very small things and makes her feel like crap. Recently his ex, (my MIL) got put into a situation and he decided to help her out and invited her to come stay with us and her 2 boys. Now my SIL got pissed. My MIL and her hate each other, my MIL has abused her, smacked her across the cheek, more than once (I heard it). Now she's told her dad, he doesn't beleive her.

So when MIL moved in, she went to stay with her brother and sister in saskatchewan for 2 weeks. 1 week later her bf texted my bil that she was not coming back. So FIL got pissed and demanded her to be there the next day. She was returned. Now, 3 days later she packed her shit up and left at 1pm and is staying with a friend. MIL and FIL spent hours calling up people on her fb, until she finally called him saying she wasn't coming back. Now he says she's not allowed to come back to the house, ever. He is not going to force her to come back because she'll probably run away again.

I've messaged her, shes agreed to meet me. I just want to make sure she's doing ok and make sure she doesn't need anything.

WAS HE IN THE RIGHT, WHAT WOULD'VE YOU DONE?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nellyb118
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:19 PM
I found this hard to follow,maybe I'm just overtired but it was all over the place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:22 PM

you're over tired, FIL and MIL are not together, they both abuse her and she left, her dad will not let her back.

Quoting nellyb118:

I found this hard to follow,maybe I'm just overtired but it was all over the place.

IansMommy2012
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Quoting nellyb118:

i agree...

IansMommy2012
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

you're over tired, FIL and MIL are not together, they both abuse her and she left, her dad will not let her back.

Quoting nellyb118:

let her back where? im lost now. 

trebelcleff
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Your SIL was mistreated.  Even though the court might say she doesn't have the right to leave, in this case, I think it's in her best interest to go.  She stood up for herself, and I think if the bf and her brothers are more than willing to take her back, she should be allowed to go back to a stable environment where she is loved.

Aichia
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Just so I have this straight....
Mom died, kid was raised by moms boyfriend for 3 yrs.
Bio dad regains custody & both him & step mom abuse kid.
Kid runs away but comes back. Kid runs away a 2nd time so dad 'kicks her out'.

If that's the case she should have stayed with moms boyfriend. For bio dad to kick her out after she left is like saying I quit at a job after you've been fired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nellyb118
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Ahh ok. So the ? was is it wrong FIL won't allow her home?...he sounds like a total ass so she shouldn't even want to go back. As a parent I'd never turn away my child...they can always come home so yeah I think it's wrong.
How old is she? That may affect my opinion.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting nellyb118:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:27 PM

yeah pretty much.

Quoting Aichia:

Just so I have this straight....
Mom died, kid was raised by moms boyfriend for 3 yrs.
Bio dad regains custody & both him & step mom abuse kid.
Kid runs away but comes back. Kid runs away a 2nd time so dad 'kicks her out'.

If that's the case she should have stayed with moms boyfriend. For bio dad to kick her out after she left is like saying I quit at a job after you've been fired.

LectioDivina
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I don't need to read any farther than this :

SIL is 13, her mother died when she was 7,

Of course, she's a child going through one of the worst experiences an adult can go through.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:28 PM

come back home, ater she ran away

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting nellyb118:

let her back where? im lost now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN