Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She is no longer sleeping with us.

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM
  • 12 Replies

Breathe momma.  That is what I have to keep reminding myself as that little angel of a girl sleeps soundly on my side of the bed. 

She is almost 14 months now and I was adament from the startthat for the first few months we were going to co-sleep since I was nursing.  Nothing was better to me than to have that little body snuggled up next to mine.  Her breathing steady and strong as she slept peacefully.  As she became older and more mobile during the night we slowly transitioned her to her own bassinet.  Then from the bassinet to her crib.  But I wanted to ensure that she knew I was there and had not simply abandoned her to the far outreaches of "her" room so she slept in the bedroom with us. 

I had intended to move her sooner than this but we had some extended stay visitors that ended up taking "her" room so she stayed.  The restless and often times sleepless nights slowly turned into sleeping through the night.  For months now I have been able to easily sleep 8 hrs straight.  Her routine is perfect.  She lays down in our bed and falls asleep.  When I come up to go to bed I move her to her crib.  She barely moves and if she does I hand her a bottle and she goes right back to sleep. 

But now her crib is gone.  From our room to her room ist has gone.  The place where it once sat now stands naked and wide open.  I don't know how I am going to do this.  How will I know when she needs me?  How will I know when she woke up from a bad dream or because she is uncomfortable?  All this time hearing every little sigh, whimper and breath and now I will hear nothing. 

If there is anyone out there who has gone through this phase of your child's life, please help.

Thank you

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Good job!  Such a great milestone, for her to learn to sleep independently!  Yep, been there 3 times.  You're doing fine.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:40 PM

that usually means it is time to have another one :) and she will let you know if something is up. I have been there 3 times

brittney28
by Brittney on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:42 PM
My dd is 9 months and we cosleep...I'm dreading her going in her own crib and room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Are you always this dramatic lol?
Charliesmommy11
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Bump to share with u in a moment
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluespagan
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I felt like doing a bit of creative writing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you always this dramatic lol?

bluespagan
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

No 

Quoting bustybee:

that usually means it is time to have another one :) and she will let you know if something is up. I have been there 3 times

talktojonell
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Get a monitor if it helps.

Congratulations!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NatashaOlivia
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:05 PM
it seems a little dramatic to me... For the first 4 months of their lives each, DD and DS slept in our room, but never in our bed. They have their own rooms for a reason
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Get a baby monitor so you can hear her.

I hated it when my kids went from sleeping close to me to their own rooms. It took weeks before I slept well. The good part is they accepted it better than I did

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured