Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$40 shoes for a 3 month old, a 1 yr old and a 4 yr old??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

would you pay $40 for a pair of shoes for a 3 month old, a 1 yr old or a 4 yr old???

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Replies (171-180):
armybratmom612
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM
No but I dont put my children in shoes until after their first birthday and the other two heck no they just get ruined anywAy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my1love
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM

yeah id make a exception for anyone with wide with i have wide shoes and have to be flat foot.....my daughter thankfully dont have my feet issues thank god!!!!! id put her through surergy right now if she did she has notmal feet i just got her a pair for $6

Quoting nomadbrat83:

I went to payless today for shoes for my 21 month old and they were on clearance and they still were 12.99 and 14.99 a pair. I once found a pair of clearance sandals for her for 3 dollars. Course my daughter also has to wear a wide width so that makes things tougher too.

Quoting my1love:

payless are very cheap if you get them on clearance i always bought my shoes there for $5-$15 the most i ever spent was on heels nd i spent $25.... rite aid and walgreens have cheap sandles for the summer bought my daughter some for $3..... shes 17 months old kmart and target are ok but my main stres is target and ross for clothing, and payless and target for shoes i hate kmart for personal reasons so i dont shop there im a cheepo momma untill the feet stop growin im not spending much lol and i shop around

Quoting nomadbrat83:

5 or 10 for shoes only? Hell you can rarely get them that cheap at walmart or target unless they are on clearance.

Quoting my1love:

hell no!!! no matter what age 5-10 bucks untill school then my absolute MAX untill they buy heir own shoes is 20.....

anime.princess
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Not for a three month old baby 'cause at that age they don't even know how to crawl, but sounds alright for shoes for a one year old and a four year old.

WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Yep. I hate that my oldest wears adult sizes now because his shoes are always around $100. When they were little I bought name brand ones because they were cute and I had no bills and lots of money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busymama777
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Not for a 3 month old but for the 1 year old yes. They need good shoes at that age. My 5 year old has $20 dress shoes for church and that type of thing but more expensive tennis shoes. Good shoes are super important to me.

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:43 PM
not for a 3 month old but the other 2 yes.I refuse to skimp on shoes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shelley927
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:43 PM

HELL NO.....that is absolutely ridiculous....I would buy almost 2 full outfits for that rice....

ExquisiteMomof2
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Hell no! But I'm a tight ass with my money. But I'm also a penny pincher and bargain finder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eastcoastmama11
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM
1 or 4 year old - yes.

3 month old - no.

They have a lot of miles to put on their feet yet, and shoes are
Important while their little feet are developing.

As for the infant, they shouldn't even be wearing shoes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I have paid $80 for ds, he was 2. Right now he has $60 dc's, he is 4.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN