Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$40 shoes for a 3 month old, a 1 yr old and a 4 yr old??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

would you pay $40 for a pair of shoes for a 3 month old, a 1 yr old or a 4 yr old???

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Replies (31-40):
Liltdanh
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:12 PM
3 months and one year no. There little feet grow way too much an will b buying shoes again n a few weeks. 4 year old yes. I would and have. My daughters sneakers are stride rites. They cost about 40 bucks. I wanted a good sturdy pair of shoes that were comfy and fit her feet good. She's for other shoes that are by so costly but she needed a good pair of shoes se can run n play in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:13 PM

yeah my husband's new shoe were $95 but I found some shoes for the kids on sale

Quoting beerabitch69:

Ugh. I wish they were that cheap.

my1love
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:13 PM
2 moms liked this

hell no!!! no matter what age 5-10 bucks untill school then my absolute MAX untill they buy heir own shoes is 20.....

kmab0629
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Then I would.  If you have it, why not?  I did that for our little girl.  She's almost 2 too.  But now, she's gotten to a point where she wants shoes every where we go lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

he is almost 2 and he walks wonderfully so I am wanting to get him sturdy shoes

Quoting kmab0629:

For the older one yes, the babies, .. eh, ok for the 3 month old no.  The 1 yr old, if walking or learning to walk, probably.  We bought our little girl some at stride rite, the pre-walker ones for around 35ish.  The 3 month old though, prob not.  I love baby toes.  But that's just me.

nomadbrat83
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Yep I never bought shoes at that age. I just put socks on their feet if it was cold

Quoting mab05:

I would not buy shoes fora 3 month old. what a waste.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:14 PM
I don't like to spend more than $20 on shoes they will grow out of in the blink of an eye. But I usually can find nice name brand shoes for about $20 Like my DD's black and pink Nikes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liltdanh
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Also is able to wear them for a good 6 months (is about how long we have had this pair) so far so I can justify them since she's able to wear em for a lil while. Her last pair laste a year and when we got rid of em were still n good shape just didn't fit.
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:14 PM

If they were cute yes I would

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I don't even buy them shoes until they are walking....so absolutely not for the 3 month old and...wait a second.....absolutely not for the 1 and 4 year old too.

But hey, you do what you want to do with your money. Money is relative to the family, and certain things are more important to some than others.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

3 months, no.  But, all 4 of my kids spent their toddler years in Stride Rite shoes.  Shoes that fit well and are designed for developing toddler feet are of utmost importance.  Cheap shoes that break down do not offer the proper support for those learning to walk and forming the shape of their feet.  Poor shoe quality in toddler years can develop foot problems for the future.

So, $40 for shoes for a toddler is not a bad price to pay so long as they are truly shoes that are designed for the forming toddler feet learning to walk.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN