Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$40 shoes for a 3 month old, a 1 yr old and a 4 yr old??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

would you pay $40 for a pair of shoes for a 3 month old, a 1 yr old or a 4 yr old???

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Replies (41-50):
gsprofval
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:14 PM

No way. They don't wear them long enough to pay that much.

LucyHarper
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:15 PM

3 month old and one year old, no way in heck, they don't even need shoes at that age, its not good for their foot development, they just need something to cover their feet when its cold out and for the walking one year old, something soft with a little bit of a hard bottom for walking outside. At that age, spending $40 on shoes is just a fashion accesory. For a four year old, it really depends. My husband does a lot of odd jobs on farms and at neighbors homes, our four year old goes with him a lot and helps out, on the farms he can't wear his normal sneakers, not touch enough and his feet could get hurt, plus they would wear out real fast, so he needs tough leather boots. We are lucky enough to know someone who makes childrens boots that basically look like Timberlands, but are under $20, great quality boots, and other times we get them as hand me downs, but if we didn't have access to either, boots are expensive, we might have to spend that much.

beerabitch69
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:15 PM
The boys are around 75-85 each Depends on what brand they want.
Quoting Anonymous:

yeah my husband's new shoe were $95 but I found some shoes for the kids on sale

Quoting beerabitch69:

Ugh. I wish they were that cheap.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:16 PM

4yo yes, the little ones, no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

where do you get such cheap shoes??

Quoting my1love:

hell no!!! no matter what age 5-10 bucks untill school then my absolute MAX untill they buy heir own shoes is 20.....

coleysmama
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:16 PM
Probably not for the 3 month old unless I needed them for an outfit or occassion.

Yes for the 1yr old and 4 yr old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I have done it a few times. It was kind of a giant waste of money considering she only wore them a few times, not even enough to get them dirty.. That is if it's $40 for ONE pair. I've spent almost $100 for uggs. That was dumb dumb dumb.

nomadbrat83
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:16 PM
5 or 10 for shoes only? Hell you can rarely get them that cheap at walmart or target unless they are on clearance.

Quoting my1love:

hell no!!! no matter what age 5-10 bucks untill school then my absolute MAX untill they buy heir own shoes is 20.....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerabitch69
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:16 PM
That's my question.

Quoting Anonymous:

where do you get such cheap shoes??

Quoting my1love:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOMMY2ACR
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:18 PM
3 month old, no. 1 and 4 year old yea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)