Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I do not feel bad that he is over his head paying child support....and I wont terminate either.

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

So today my ex dumb ass messaged me asking if I filed to have DH adopt my son. No we haven't, I can't seem to find the right paperwork and I dont have 1500 to pay a lawyer plus all the fees associated with it. Besides, its not a huge deal since the ex has nothing to do with my son and my son has no idea who the hell the guy is.
This guy beat me and abused me and I left him right when my son was born, well I kicked him out but still he was gone. Shortly after I met DH and he pretty much took over beign dad and has been that.
I have tried to get the idiiots rights terminated, although he doesn't really have any. I have full custody and it says in the divorce papers that I am the only one who has the right to make decisions for my son. So pretty much there isn't much he has power over anyway, and he just pays child support....sometimes.

Well apparently he recently had his 6th child. 6th with the 4th woman, so he is paying CS on 5 other kids. And supposedly this chick left him alone with this kid and took off....I am a bit skeptical of that one but I will keep my ideas to myself, I mean I know what he is capable of so who knows really. And he may also be telling storeis. He told me he is doing it "on his own" and is struggling because of the child support...HAHAHAHA yeah like I am really going to feel sorry for his stupid ass.

So he was trying to get me to pay half for the adoption, i told him I don't have it. He told me that maybe he can just sign over his rights and pay off his back suport(nearly 2000) and then me just have it ended.
I am so tempted to let him sign his rights over and then not stopping the child support. I feel like sticking it to the idiot for all the bull crap he put me through for 4 years, I was with him 2 years but after I had my son he would call and threaten me and just say horrible thigns to me, along with his mother and his step dad emailing me nasty things.

If what he says is true then I hope he is unable to care for the baby and has it taken away because that abusive SOB needs to just be miserable forever.

Ok I am done, I just needed to get that out..

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justme782
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this
His other children are not your problem. He made his bed...let him lie in it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amylynne46
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:43 PM

He can sign over his own rights if that is what he wants to do and it is very difficult to do otherwise :(

hip2it
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:13 PM

If I were you, as soon as I had the money for stepparent adoption, I'd do it.  DH is the child's daddy in every way that matters, and your ex is a deadbeat.  I understand you can't afford it now, but in your shoes, as soon as I could afford it, I'd do it.

I'd be happier to have X completely out of my life.

zildjans_mom
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:17 PM
The only way he gets out of child support is if your dh adopts. Signing off rights is just signing that he can't see your son or make any decisions or come back and try to get custody. At least that's how it is in my state
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Ha my youngest son's sperm donor owes $30k I'm not doing child support until he signs over all rights to my son or the court agrees to terminate rights. Even than, he will still owe the back support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-KC-
by Honesty on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:23 PM
exactly

Quoting justme782:

His other children are not your problem. He made his bed...let him lie in it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lacie9905
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:24 PM

If he signs away his rights WITH your consent...he may be off the hook for child support. Check with your state to be sure. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:28 PM

It's a good thing he has those memories of beating the shit out of you to dream of when you stick it to him .

TarotMommy
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I don't blame you for not caring if the ass is roughing it. Sounds like he deserves whatever happens to him. Maybe he'll get fixed and stop bringing babies he can't take care of into the world.

TarotMommy
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a good thing he has those memories of beating the shit out of you to dream of when you stick it to him .

Huh?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured