Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do? HELP ASAP.. need answers b4 1pm tommorow!

Posted by   + Show Post

ok so, im 19.. im pregnant. Obviously, i need a job.. and i had one, until a week ago. Ive been job searching since i got laid off just a week ago. Even if i wasnt pregnant id still need a job, for bills, and also b.c im on probation (misdemeanor charge dont freak) and they require you to hold a job- or jail. SOO.... This morning i put in more apps at 6 am, i got a call at 4pm. From pizza hut. They want me to come in tomorrow after 1 and give drivers license, social security card, and sign background check paper. Great news right? But... what if pregnancy question comes up.. or even if it doesnt.. when do i tell this manager im pregnant? I dont want to not get my foot in the door just because im pregnant.. i need... NEED this job. My husband cant work right now until his surgery this job is a must. What would you do?

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
jtessen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Legally they can't ask you if your pregnant.  Not sure if your showing or not, but I can't see why pizza hut would see pregnancy as a problem to that kind of job. good luck

ttcwlee_18
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:10 PM

thanks the whole probation issue is crap.. did u know you can get charged for just having naked pictures on your phone if a child see them? ya neither did i... so ya thats what i got charged with. stupid. as. hell. but thank you :)

Quoting NDADanceMom:

they cant ask about pregnancy.  If it comes up change the subject.  Say, 'does that matter?'  frankly the fact you are probation is more of an issue.

Christywf
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:10 PM

It's illegal for them to ask.  I would stay mum.

MommaLis5
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:11 PM

they cant ask and you are not required to tell. 

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Quoting ttcwlee_18:

It's not illegal not to disclose that you're pregnant. It is illegal to ask you if you are.
~*~*~ Because food will never taste as good as skinny feels~*~*~
~*~*~One bad meal can't make you fat. Nor can one healthy meal make you skinny~*~*~
justfiveofus
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I did staffing for several years, they can not ask nor can they fire you when you start to show.  Just don't say anything. 

Quoting ttcwlee_18:

is it illegal? and what about when i start showing?

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

You dont have to disclose that you are pregnant, nor can they ask

MJNMADDYSMOMMY
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Don't tell them its not illegal to keep that to yourself! Take the job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sidneyb
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Dont tell them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Ou don't have to say a word.
ttcwlee_18
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Barely, this is with a tight shirt on, im 18wks.. first child.

Quoting destiny2nv:

Are you showing yet?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)