Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your SO leave when you fight? -Update!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 186 Replies
I'm wondering because mine has done this a few times. We got into an argument last night , nothing big and no it wasn't in front of our 11 month old daughter. But he left, said he was going for a drive. He was gone for 2.5 hours. I feel like he's just leaving both our daughter and myself when he does this. I could never just leave if that were me. I'd feel so guilty, like I was leaving my child behind or something.

Even when I've been angry and felt like I needed space, I've never just left. I've told him how I feel every time he has does this, but he still does it.

Does yours do this? what do you say when they come back?

Edit/update: Despite me trying, we still aren't speaking and he didn't want to talk about it or anything when he got back home last night. Is that how yours is also? For the ladies who leave to cool off, is this something you do as well?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Starburst72
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:58 AM

mine is not the leaver, i am, i got for long walks

Mommy2Jolee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
He used to... And then me and the kids left for good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigOlBitties
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:59 AM
He doesn't leave...but retreats to the man cave. Does that count?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:59 AM
2 moms liked this
No but I sometimes do. I think saying he abondaned you is a bit. Idk dramatic. Some people just need space to cool off. Usually when I come back I'm in a better place to talk
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Nope. I used to be the one that left. But that was before I gave a shit. Now I'm not going anywhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM
My husband never does. I will once in a while. Sometimes I need to drive and clear my head or I'll say or do something I'll really regret. At first it really bothered my husband but after I explained why and what I'm doing when I'm gone it doesn't bother him any more.
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM
2 moms liked this

No.  Sometimes I wish he would.  LOL

But how is he abandoning you and your daughter?  It's not unusual to need some space after a heated argument.  I would rather he leave for a while then stay and have the argument continue on and on.  And he not leaving his child behind - you're still there, right?

Not everyone is the same.  If he needs to be alone for a while, leave him alone.

TigOlBitties
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
And when you say leave...2.5 hours seems like a reasonable time frame to separate and cool off and come back with a level head. I would support that choice over taking an ass whooping when he's enraged. Ya know? Not saying yours does this but him removing himself from the stress is a healthy choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JillyBilly6
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Mine does sometimes. He'll just go for a walk though because normally driving and angry at the same time is not good, lol

And YES it sucks, I hate that he does that. He tells me to do it though, so I know it's just HIS way of calming down and nothing personal. But either way it still sucks!

hope_love_dream
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:01 AM

no

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)