Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lazy SAHM's!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 109 Replies
Just joking!

If you stay home how often do you take the kid to fun activities?

I get memberships to everywhere. I have a museum, zoo, a pass to the water park, and this bounce house place. The gym I go to has an outdoor pool so we go there most days and do the other stuff once or twice a week.

I know someone who never leaves
her house! I would go crazy.

Just seeing what others do :)
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:02 PM
We go out daily. They do karate, play baseball, go to a gymnastics summer camp one day a week. We have passes to the zoo, aquarium, and children's museum. We also go to the gym every morning where they play in the child care. We also swim daily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Where I live there's not a lot of museums or zoos. Their is only an aquarium and the beach. I'm back home visiting right now so we've done a lot. We've gone to the zoo, science museum, aquarium and the water park. We are going to go to the boardwalk and ride the rides either this weekend or next weekend. I'm leaving about 2 and half weeks and we'll be at the beach every weekend with my husband.

gracie0221
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM

We do something almost everyday. We only have a membership to the local amusement park and we go there about twice a month, but only cause we are so busy doing other stuff. We usually do parks, waterpark, beach, bounce places, movies, swimming and playdates at friends houses etc

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:05 PM

We do the pool outside, the park, the library, the YMCA, grandparents house, movies

misskimi78
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:06 PM
We are very active. So much so, that my house suffers for it. Lol. We are part of a play date group, plus I have tons of friends in the area. There are some great resources to free and low cost activities in my community :-) I also have a friend that stays home and in bed most the time. I would go insane!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I am stuck miserably at home. Me and the kids. DH takes all money and spends on himself. There is literally not $10 for us. Sorry son of a beachball! Everytime I find a small job for cash he buys himself a new gift. I am hopeless until I get the hell outta here. Then I will see you guys out all the time!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM
I have Been wanting to take them to ride rides somewhere. We were going to go up to Santas workshop in Colorado Springs but since the fires, I think it's all closed so I haven't been able to.

Quoting mommyof11050307:

Where I live there's not a lot of museums or zoos. Their is only an aquarium and the beach. I'm back home visiting right now so we've done a lot. We've gone to the zoo, science museum, aquarium and the water park. We are going to go to the boardwalk and ride the rides either this weekend or next weekend. I'm leaving about 2 and half weeks and we'll be at the beach every weekend with my husband.

grouchymama
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM

We belong to the YMCA. They have tons of summer programs for the kids. My kids have gymnastics, swimming lessons, science club, ballet, outdoor adventures and t-ball. My kids are 5,almost 4 and 2 so some of the activities for the younger ones are parent child. We also have a zoo pass but it has been too hot to go this summer. I was thinking of getting one to the imagination station (hand on science museum) but we have been too busy to go. I can't imagine staying home all day. 

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:08 PM
We are water people. We have a pool in our backyard, season passes to the town pool and a watermark and residency in a beach town. In the summer we are always in water.
luvmymonkeys27
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in the middle of nowhere on a farm, so we don't really have any options for museums or zoos unless we want to drive a couple hours.... but we do go for walks through our fields, or out to the barn to play with the kittens our cat just had. My kids get to go on the tractor with DH (I made him fit a seat belt in the tractor lol) and have "helped" milk cows lol. Or we work in our garden. We do go to museums and things, but on the weekend as a family with DH. During the week we stay pretty close to home. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured