Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when you think of Alabama

Posted by   + Show Post
Yes, I'm doing one too. Just curious how bad of a rep Alabama has....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Replies (201-207):
BamaMomto4
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Huntsville Space and Rocket center, the statue of Vulcan mooning Homewood, Birmingham zoo, Montgomery zoo, Peach Park in Clanton, a bunch of colleges, American Village ( tourist attraction that teaches about Revolutionary War history, McWane Science center in Birmingham,several state parks, Gulf Shores, and a whole bunch of other stuff but most important to me is that it is my home.
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Jul. 20, 2012 at 4:28 PM

nothing good.. but, I don't like the south either

BamaMomto4
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Quoting calcalmommy:

Roll Tide!

You got that right. Lol

Lisa

Mom2theboy1994
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I think of the space center, and Gulf Shores aka The Redneck Riviera. ;)

Collier3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I made a group on here but no luck so far :(... maybe with time  :)....

Quoting MomOfTwins789:

Hmm... honestly, I don't know of any in the area. I do, however, know that several of my friends have expressed interest in participating in something like a playgroup, so maybe you could see about starting one?

Quoting Collier3:

Really? You are the first Mom I have see on here from this area (or at least near it). I have tried going to the park and looking for Mommy groups, but I have had no luck here.... any suggestions?

Quoting MomOfTwins789:

I am from about 20 miles from you. I live farther south now but my Family still lives there and I visit them all the time

Quoting Collier3:

We have gone into Birmingham a few times and I really like that area (the ppl were great). I wish DHs job was closer to Birmingham!  But at least where we are we can get there or atlanta with just a little drive. Here in oxford it is near impossible to meet anyone. Have been 5 months and have yet to meet any one, need some mommy friends babdly!!  LOL

Quoting mistync:

I'm from mobile but have an aunt that lives in anniston and I have to agree with you for that area. Not all of bama's like that though.

Quoting Collier3:

Slow people... Just moved the the Oxford/Anniston area from FL. People are in no hurry at all for anything. And I find them rather rude. I grew up in SC so I am a southerner, but I was really surprised at the level of rudeness here.

Oh and very silly fashion choices..lol

AudMac
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

home sweet homekiss

anime.princess
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Well, Alabama is nice.  I have a cousin studing in BAMA.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)