Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can anyone recommend a good dog breeder?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We are getting a dog and I would like to get an English Bulldog puppy. Can anybody recommend a good breeder? I would LIKE one within driving distance so it doesn't have to be shipped and also so I can see for myself where the puppy was cared for....so something around New England or a little to the south would be ok. There are a ton online but I was just hoping for a personal recommendation for one.

**EDIT** I understand you can get dogs from a shelter however that is not what I am looking to do. I'm sure many of you have had great experience with your adopted dog but seeing as how I am the one paying for it and taking care of it, I will be deciding what I get and where I get it. I was ONLY looking for anybody that could recommend a breeder....anybody that can help- THANK YOU and to everybody else- please respect the fact that I do not HAVE to go to a shelter and I am choosing not to. BECAUSE of known medical problems I want to know where the puppy is coming from to lower the risk of that happening. I know all about the breed and have done plenty of research.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM
2 moms liked this
I hope a lot of ppl don't think like you cause that's sad :'(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I hope you didn't have your own children.....because there are tons of children that need good homes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM
I know not all are bad. But with the reputation that they have I am not comfortable with it. And it's just not the type of dog I want. I like english bulldogs. If they are mixed they are more prone to medical problems and they loose what I like about them. So I have to get a purebred to get what I want. And looking for an English bulldog purebred in a shelter would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Quoting BekkieBoodle:

Oh, and not all pitties are bad :) mine are awesome dogs. They love my DD very much. Never even so much as growled at her... But it is your choice. I'm just sharing my experience :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not saying ALL shelters are....I said OUR shelters are full of them. There are 3 near me and 99% of the dogs available are pitbull or mixed with a pitbull. We looked into adopting a few years back. Anything that is not pitbull or very old is adopted right away. Besides its rare to come access one they would adopt to a family with young kids.

Quoting BekkieBoodle:

So not true. There are other dogs at shelters, too. Not just pitts. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

So I can't choose my own breed of dog? All our shelters are full of adult pitbulls and sorry that's just not happening.

Quoting Anonymous:

Any dog can be dangerous. If you worried about that don't get a dog.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry but I'm not going to a shelter. I have 2 young kids and it's not a good idea to bring one of those dogs into a home with young kids. Almost all the dogs at the shelter are marked that they are for adult only homes or homes with kids above 10. And what happened to the dogs suck but I will in no way jeopardize my children for an animal. I get any animal is taking a chance but you can't raise and train those dogs the same way as you can a puppy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
what crawled up your ass and died?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I hope you didn't have your own children.....because there are tons of children that need good homes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Mine???? Im a bad guy because I want a certain type of dog! If you a really feel that way about adopting dogs then I would assume you all adopted your children for the same reasons. If you didn't then who are you to judge where I want to get a dog?

Quoting Anonymous:

what crawled up your ass and died?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

cklamour
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Did you try asking a local vet about a breeder?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vicki77433
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

My neighbors foster dogs all the time.  Most of the dogs they get are mothers with newborn puppies.  Shelters are full of puppies, but they go quickly.  You can always get on a wait list.  If you are stuck on one breed, look up a breed specific rescue.  There are hundreds of them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

why not go to a shelter and adopt , there are plenty of dogs there needing loving forever homes. They may have that breed to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM
I want a puppy for my kids and I want an English bulldog. You have to get purebred or else they are not the same at all. Your not going to find one in a shelter.

Quoting Anonymous:

why not go to a shelter and adopt , there are plenty of dogs there needing loving forever homes. They may have that breed to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM
I didn't think of that! We don't have let's so I am not familiar with a particular vet. You think I could call just any one?

Quoting cklamour:

Did you try asking a local vet about a breeder?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)