Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

was my niece victimized? EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 383 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: victimized?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 230

View Results

My 12 year old niece had what she described originally as a consensual sexual experience with her 18 year old neighborhood boy. He's being prosecuted for statutory rape and she now says she was totally willing and did consent. my brother doesn't know how to make head or tails of this plus it's out of his hands now anyway. I don't know why I am posting this except maybe because I am unsure how to view my niece now. She says she seduced him because he was cute and she was lonely plus he drives which she says makes her cooler when he drove her to school.

Edit - I HATE what I wrote last night , the bottom line is MY niece WAS victimize by a fucking scum bag !!  YES I had a range of emotions and am glad I dumped them here rather then on her. She is suffering and it breaks my heart that for even a second I might have thought anything other then that he raped her , statutory or not she's in so many ways still a baby.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM
She is immature as hell.
Celia21
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM
3 moms liked this
She is 12!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM
13 moms liked this

I don't necessarily see her as a victim, though many will disagree with me.

I get she is only 12, but she decided she wanted sex & she went after someone.

Now the 18yr old should've known better & not real sure why he would want a 12yr old unless he didn't know her age.

But I have a hard time viewing her as a victim.

jesistar6910
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM
8 moms liked this

She's still a child. He is an adult. Children are not supposed to sleep with adults. He knows that, she knows that. He gets to pay the consequences.

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM
3 moms liked this
You really have to ask?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM
9 moms liked this
no I dont see her as a victim... But I do see her as an immature little girl and the 18yo a fucking dumb ass!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Quoting LoriLou75:

You really have to ask?!

I am thinking she's just so slutty and wanting to show off to friends by having him drive her to school. Plus now she's also saying she feels bad but I think it's just because she wants to manipulate my brother. She had always been my innocent sweet niece and now i just dont know.

sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM
10 moms liked this

For the love of whatever you people find holy, why is this even a question?! 

At 12 years old, she is a CHILD. She doesn't know what she wants. He is an adult who should know better. She shouldn't have the power to "seduce" him. 

At what age does it stop? If a 12 year old can be "totally willing" and "consent", can a 10 year old? An 8 year old?

True story---when I was young (somewhere between 5 and 8, I really don't remember) I became "friends" with an adult male neighbor. I walked by his house daily, talked to him, and he gave me a popsicle. One day, he invited me in. I went inside and back to his bedroom willingly. He asked if I wanted to see his penis "grow". I said yes. So, he masturbated in front of me. Did I consent? I mean, technically, I never said no, I went into his bedroom willingly, and I agreed to him masturbating in front of me.....So, does that make it okay what he did?

Of course not!

So, again, why is this even a question?  

rockgal81
by Steph on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see her as a victim. Unfortunately, girls are having sex younger and younger these days even though they're not nearly mature enough to handle it. I do think the 18 year old is old enough to know better though. smh

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM
6 moms liked this
Some of you truly disgust me! Calling a 12 year old a slut!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)