Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

yes, I really DO feel like I know more about parenting than you.

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:40 PM
  • 32 Replies
3 moms liked this

I hate when pregnant (no previous children) people ask you advice, and then get pissy with you about it.  "So you think you know more about parenting than me just because you have kids?"  .... ummm, yes?  personal experience beats out what you read in your books any day of the week. 

eye rolling

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsdic
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM
bump.
chichiwvu
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM
2 moms liked this
I hate when they ask your opinion and then hate you for it. YOU ASKED LADY!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2cheesebug
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM
3 moms liked this

I hate it when people with NO kids tell me what i should do with my two year old, when she is just being a normal adventurous two year old.

mrsdic
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Yep... crazy.

Quoting chichiwvu:

I hate when they ask your opinion and then hate you for it. YOU ASKED LADY!!!!

littleacorn
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM
yea like my 11 years and 3 kids ( twins and older kid) does not count.. i tell come se eme in 5 years ..
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually I really DO believe I know more about teenage parenting than MOST in this place. Most have no damn clue what parenting a teen entitles.

arilolojrsmom
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM
I had a mom come to my sister who doesn't have kids talking about a blister. I told her what my mom has always told me about how to take care of them...she tested my sister that if I didn't stop thinking that I knew everything about being a parent she was gonna punch me. I have help raise 3 other kids before I had my own. I know what im talking about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsdic
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I'm confused.  I don't mean that I know more about teenagers than the average poster, I don't have any.  I mean when preggos ask for baby/infant/etc advice then get all snippy cuz "they know better".  no the fuck you don't lol. 

Quoting thetrollcat:

Actually I really DO believe I know more about teenage parenting than MOST in this place. Most have no damn clue what parenting a teen entitles.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

This wasnt directed at you Im just saying, most people say here in CM have no idea (even those with teens) how to freakin parent teenagers. As for your OP in general I agree I think most of us think or feel we know it all but realize as we become parents we learn as we go.

Quoting mrsdic:

I'm confused.  I don't mean that I know more about teenagers than the average poster, I don't have any.  I mean when preggos ask for baby/infant/etc advice then get all snippy cuz "they know better".  no the fuck you don't lol. 

Quoting thetrollcat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)