Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm going to lie to the dr.(WWYD) Advice Please

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my son got bit by two deer ticks about a month ago, and where he got bit he has a pimple and three more around it, I have Lyme disease myself and have been going through so much with this disease its not even funny, and I would never wish this on anyone. So I was going to tell the dr that he has been having symptoms. Im really scared that he will go undiagnosed like I did, and have to deal with this.Dr's told me I have had this for a while, I probably had it since I was a teen. My gut instincts feels that I should call and get him a round of antibiotics. what would you do in this situation. I go to LLMD (Lyme literate Dr) and he said only 30-40% of patients don't even get a rash and less then 70% don't get symptoms until its manifested itself for a long time(hence myself) so idk if I'm wrong for doing this.(it seems right to me) ladies please give me some advice.

and no bashing please, I'm just trying to protect my son, as any parent would.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2012 at 4:56 AM
Replies (91-96):
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:39 AM
LOL If this was a case of Munchausens she would have went into the woods, found a tick and put it right on him. That's where people intentionally make others sick to gain sympathy for themselves. It sounds as though she is concerned based on past experience and that is 100% normal.

Quoting Anonymous:

I kind of agree (although I would say dislike what's she's doing & hate is a strong word).
Could it be Munchausen by Proxy?

OP I understand you are scared, however lying isn't going to help, I almost feel like you want him to be sick. Also are pimples around the bite sight a symptom?

Quoting Anonymous:

As a nurse I hate people like you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kryptomom
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Definitely find a way to get him tested.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:49 AM
um cdc isn't correct, they say six weeks of antibiotics cures lyme it doesn't, I am in IV doxy for life. So your point? And I don't understand why you are so concerned about it being dangerous, weren't you the one giving me shit about me not getting antibiotics to PREVENT the disease. Wow please stop thanks. I go to a llmd look that up. They don't follow cdc because it doesn't work, only in very early treatment. Don't talk if you aren't going through it. There is a big controversy over lyme treatment with the cdc, drs were trying to get more antibiotics for severely chronic lyme and they denied it, so what does that tell you? I worked at fox chase cancer institute, yea the good old cdc didn't allow dr to prescribe chemo for more then 6 months to a yr bc they say its not needed bc cancer is cured after that yea bs its all a marketing scam, they make money off of it. Same with most drs and organizations, expand your horizons and look a little deeper instead of believe the first site you read. So again stop wasting your time on the lyme foundation and cdc websites bc they mean nothing thanks

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.docguide.com/prophylaxis-single-dose-doxycycline-prevention-lyme-disease-after-ixodes-scapularis-tick-bite

Better yet, how about the CDC?

Www.cdc.gov/lyme/resourses/1209lyme.pdf

Quoting Anonymous:

lol you are really going off that website. There's not even foot notes of where there were scientific evidence. Thats like looking at the wiki. People can put in false information. Nice try. Just stop please. I know what I am talking about.

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.aldf.com/raad.shtml

Line ONE 'hunnie'....

Quoting Anonymous:

you only become immuned if its excessive amounts taken over a long period of time. So do your research then have a debate with me hunnie, its only one dose, and they may only give him a weeks worth of amoxicillin, considering it's not dangerous. Neither is ONE dose of doxy. Smdh. Don't try to fight a losing battle please... Thanks
Quoting Anonymous:

Lol ummmmm WHAT???

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, say he's treated NOW and no Lyme disease, but actually contracts it later in life, but he's immune to the antibiotics that are necessary because he was given as a child because mom LIED to the Dr. What then?????

Quoting Mommavieve:

Personally, I'd rather my kid get antibiotics unnecessarily than live with Lyme disease for the rest of his life.

Quoting Anonymous:

SMH

What if there's NOTHING to prevent?

Quoting Anonymous:

The reason I would lie is to PREVENT him from getting sick. I would never in a million years wish that onmy son! And I did look up some information on that, and the website did state that pimple like rash, in some children is a sign

Quoting Anonymous:

I kind of agree (although I would say dislike what's she's doing & hate is a strong word).

OP I understand you are scared, however lying isn't going to help, I almost feel like you want him to be sick. Also are pimples around the bite sight a symptom?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Lol. Mmmmmm k then. Everyone else is wrong but random cm anon is right.... :)
Good luck OP!

Quoting Anonymous:

um cdc isn't correct, they say six weeks of antibiotics cures lyme it doesn't, I am in IV doxy for life. So your point? And I don't understand why you are so concerned about it being dangerous, weren't you the one giving me shit about me not getting antibiotics to PREVENT the disease. Wow please stop thanks. I go to a llmd look that up. They don't follow cdc because it doesn't work, only in very early treatment. Don't talk if you aren't going through it. There is a big controversy over lyme treatment with the cdc, drs were trying to get more antibiotics for severely chronic lyme and they denied it, so what does that tell you? I worked at fox chase cancer institute, yea the good old cdc didn't allow dr to prescribe chemo for more then 6 months to a yr bc they say its not needed bc cancer is cured after that yea bs its all a marketing scam, they make money off of it. Same with most drs and organizations, expand your horizons and look a little deeper instead of believe the first site you read. So again stop wasting your time on the lyme foundation and cdc websites bc they mean nothing thanks

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.docguide.com/prophylaxis-single-dose-doxycycline-prevention-lyme-disease-after-ixodes-scapularis-tick-bite

Quoting Anonymous:

lol you are really going off that website. There's not even foot notes of where there were scientific evidence. Thats like looking at the wiki. People can put in false information. Nice try. Just stop please. I know what I am talking about.

Quoting Anonymous:

Line ONE 'hunnie'....

Quoting Anonymous:

you only become immuned if its excessive amounts taken over a long period of time. So do your research then have a debate with me hunnie, its only one dose, and they may only give him a weeks worth of amoxicillin, considering it's not dangerous. Neither is ONE dose of doxy. Smdh. Don't try to fight a losing battle please... Thanks
Quoting Anonymous:

Lol ummmmm WHAT???

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, say he's treated NOW and no Lyme disease, but actually contracts it later in life, but he's immune to the antibiotics that are necessary because he was given as a child because mom LIED to the Dr. What then?????

Quoting Mommavieve:

Personally, I'd rather my kid get antibiotics unnecessarily than live with Lyme disease for the rest of his life.

Quoting Anonymous:

SMH

Quoting Anonymous:

The reason I would lie is to PREVENT him from getting sick. I would never in a million years wish that onmy son! And I did look up some information on that, and the website did state that pimple like rash, in some children is a sign

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM
I would be honest and say he got bite, has no symptoms yet but you'd rather be cautious since you have it.
When I was young I got bite (camp) and when I got home doctor put me on meds right away even with no symptoms or rash.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM
umm you are anon and trying to tell me im wrong are you not? Yea i think you are, and i am going with what my llmd is telling me he's been dealing with this for OVER 30 yrs. He is a dr.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. Mmmmmm k then. Everyone else is wrong but random cm anon is right.... :)

Good luck OP!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Line ONE 'hunnie'....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol ummmmm WHAT???

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mommavieve:

Quoting Anonymous:

SMH

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured