Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Married Moms and Moms in Long Term Relationships..... (5 years or more..)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 354 Replies
1 mom liked this

Are you happy in your relationship? Are you still in love? Do you feel that you are with your soul mate and that it was meant to be?

I no longer believe in all that stuff and I am just curious about how others feel. I do not know anyone who has been together for a long time that would say they are happy and in love anymore. They just make it work because of the kids or because they are committed to their vows or whatever....

If so, what do you do to make your relationship so good? Do you think it is what you do that makes the difference or is it that your partner is just the right one for you?

Your thoughts? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calcalmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, yes and yes! We have been together for 11 years and married for 7 1/2. I do believe it's because he's my soulmate and what we do, but also Gods grace that our marriage is what it is.
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I've been with DH for 10 years and married for four. I am still very happy. We are each other's best friends and truly love to spend time together. We've had bad times like everyone else but we learned some pretty tough lessons from it about communication and it has helped improve our marriage.

girl_incognito
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I have been married for 16 years, there have been really bad times, (but that happens in life) but the majority of the time it's great. We talk, we do things together, we respect each other. I am very very happy and can not imagine myself with anyone else

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2012 at 7:03 AM
Together for 25, married for 17. I sometimes feel like you but other times I still believe in love. We have been through major ups and downs and we are still married but maybe not so happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autumn_sunset
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 7:05 AM
I have been with dh for 7 years & married for 6. We are still very in love. I can't imagine life with out him. Most of the people I know who are unhappy after a few years got married way too quick, or for all the wrong reasons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jul. 19, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Married 15 yrs this Nov. (Together for 17)  And yes still very happy and in love. I don't do anything but love and respect him. We never have fights and we work together to resolve any problems. A lot of times things in live pull couples apart. (Example, finances). When we have trouble it just pushes us closer together to resolve an issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2012 at 7:06 AM

I have been with mine 17 years, married for 7 and I do not feel that way. I don't feel anything for him anymore and it makes me sad. :(

luvmymunchkins3
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 7:08 AM
we have been together 6yrs an yes we are happy we have our times just like anyone else where i want to kill him.but yes i love him and wouldnt want to be with anyone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hlzcmjzajz
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 7:08 AM
3 moms liked this
I've been with my dh for 11 yrs, married for 6 & yes, I'm extremely happy & in love with him. He truly is my soul mate; he's my best friend, my lover, & my rock when times get tough. He's the only person I can really be myself with, he knows everything about me & he still loves me. We laugh a lot, & sometimes we argue a lot too but we always make sure to tell each other I love you before we part. We've been through a lot together & never once did either of us even think of leaving.
I definitely think he's the right one for me, but we also make it work. Both of us have tempers so we've agreed from the start to always talk things out & never go to bed angry.
He makes me so happy & I'm so glad that our children get to grow up with parents who genuinely love each other & want to be together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beeky
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 7:14 AM
2 moms liked this

I've been with my dh for almost 27 years (married for 24) and I'm still head over heels in love with him.

Our relationship is good because we love each other, we respect each other and we play together.   We horse around, we're always making each other laugh and we do a lot of activities together.  That one on one time maintains a level of intimacy that can't be achieved in the bedroom and keeps our relationship alive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured