Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i think my mom should send more money!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
She lives out of state. She mailed out cards with 10 in each for my kids. She mailed both cards the same day and told the kids on the phone. Well like normal 11 and 7 year old kids they greeted the mailman everyday. Last Thursday one card came and the other hasn't been seen since. ? Of course the kid that didn't get the card is disappointed anyway my mom keeps saying it will show up! Well, it hasn't and she keeps checking everyday. I'm about to mail my dd myself cause its depressing watching her run out there to get it and nothing.:( ds has already spent his 10.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Why should she send more money? It isn't her fault one didn't show up.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd send your dd a card yourself. Whether its your mom's fault or not, I'd do it for your dd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Why didn't you just give her the 10 dollars in the meantime?

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

It's 10 bucks not 100. I understand wanting money but being that excited over 10 is a bit much. Just tell her it will get there when it gets there. I wouldn't stress over it myself. Id have an aneurysm. 

megangary
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Quoting MichLW69:

I'd send your dd a card yourself. Whether its your mom's fault or not, I'd do it for your dd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2four1978
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd have given her 10.00 myself and told her that when her card got there she could pay me back.

NoahandEliza
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:54 AM
If it were my grandkids, I'd send another card and if the first showed up, just split it between them...but maybe your mom doesn't have another extra $10 laying around?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:04 AM
You people obviously don't read. I don't really want my mom to send more money. Posts with borinh titles don't get many people looking.

I do plan on sending her a card myself. I said so in my post. I just wish the card from grandma would show up because dd knows my writing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:05 AM
She's a little girl ffs. Of.course she is going to get excited about getting mail and money

Quoting ButterMeUp:

It's 10 bucks not 100. I understand wanting money but being that excited over 10 is a bit much. Just tell her it will get there when it gets there. I wouldn't stress over it myself. Id have an aneurysm. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Because I didn't have an extra 10 last week.

Quoting frankiesma530:

Why didn't you just give her the 10 dollars in the meantime?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN