Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

single moms have it easier than a married couple financially.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Out of all my friends I am the only married one. They either have a bf or fiancee living with them. They all get help with childcare through the state and pay around $26-40 a week for fulltime childcare as to where since I am.married we don't qualify for that cheap amount. They get energy assistance and pay $26 a MONTH to run their ac 24/7.. I run ours and the Damn bill is $300!! Dh and I have seriously thought about getting a divorce just so we could live cheap.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Replies (11-20):
destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Slowly backs out of post...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marine.wifey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:35 AM

If they're living together they are supposed to count their income too. It goes by household income. So they're committing PA fraud.... Sound like great people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh my friends say until their kids are in school.fulltime that they will continue to stay single ( not married) bc it makes their life easier and they still get to use their bf or Dh income as help.

Quoting marine.wifey:

Sooo.... Boohoo because you can't be on PA? I didn't realize PA was the way people WANTED to live.

Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

thats not always true.   my sister was single for a while and she didn't get child care assistance.   now that shes married its a bit easier to make ends meet

alwayskk
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, I barely get child support, much less daycare assistance or welfare.

I can tell you that once I became a single mom, my tax return became a joke.

fraujones
by Mommytron on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:36 AM

They aren't really single though if they have a SO living with them. Not all single moms get those perks. My sister doesn't. I am doing better financially as a married woman than she is. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:36 AM
2 moms liked this

You have pathetic friends then, sorry.  I'm a single Mom and even when money is extremely tight, I haven't once used PA.  For me personally, I would be embarassed and I'll do everything I can to provide for my children.  It's MY responsibility. 

2manydiapers
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Wanna know something funny, when I was single Mom it was eaiser. Without a single PA, because it was only ds and I. Now its ds1, ss, df, and ds2. It was less drama too. For me and my personality is made for single parenting. Being with df is an everyday battle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:36 AM

There are PLENTY of single mothers who struggle to raise children without ANY help.  No one else living with them, no help with childcare, no energy assistance, no WIC, no food stamps, etc.

My mom was a single mother and didn't get any PA.  I can guarantee that as a married woman, I am way better off financially than she ever was.  And my dad faithfully paid child support.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM
This! No thanks I'd rather pay more for things ;)

Quoting Kat31:

Are they not reporting their SO living with them? Than they are committing fraud. I don't see what marriage has to do with it. They are lying about income.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM
How? My one friend she has 3 kids and.her tax return was $8,000!

Quoting alwayskk:

Well, I barely get child support, much less daycare assistance or welfare.

I can tell you that once I became a single mom, my tax return became a joke.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)