Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone sell AVON? Is it worth it?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The really low startup fee is enticing, and the fact that you don't have to have an inventory, but I'm worried I'll get buckle and dimed and not have many customers.

I really want to be exclusively online and do online marketing/selling. People could just buy product via my website. Is this possible with AVON? Or do you have to go door to door and have parties/shows? I signed up with AVON online to get more info, bit the rep that called me wasn't very helpful.

If not AVON are there other companies that offer online rep opportunities?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
Snugglebaby0902
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:27 PM
You can message me I'll give you my number to my district manager and we can help you via telephone if you would like . To see if this is something you would me interested in doing no peer pressure totally up to you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM
What is 31?

Quoting metalhealthmom:

I don't like Avon product...so I wouldn't do it.

I've been thinking about selling 31, though.

DixieL
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I sold Avon for 15 years. I didn't make any money. I just kept doing it because I enjoyed it. The books cost a lot, so it's hard to make money because of that too. You can't miss more than two campaigns or they shut you down. I don't know how it is on the internet Good Luck

kybelle
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Not worth it I had a lot of customers but only cuz I walked everywhere and worked hard at it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM
See, that also concerns me because I don't know many women who would buy. This is why I wanted to do exclusively online marketing.

Quoting Aspirel:

I use to sell Avon and I made good money.HOWEVER most of my sales were at my 9-5 job where 95 percent of the employees were women.So you need to have access to a lot of women to succeed. I tried online,it never worked ,I refused to spam people though.

trainingtime2
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Quoting MrsMalsam:

I hated Avon and Shaklee. I now sell Scentsy and don't have to carry stock either. 85% of my sales are online. 

Edit to add: I LOVE scentsy. I've never had a customer complain about it and I am also addicted to the products so for me it's a win-win. I have more customers now than I ever did with Avon or Shaklee. 

Hello,

I read your reply and was wondering what is Scentsy? How much is it to join?

Christy1919
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Don't do it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsMalsam
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:45 AM
PM me and I'll give you all the info!

Quoting trainingtime2:

Quoting MrsMalsam:

I hated Avon and Shaklee. I now sell Scentsy and don't have to carry stock either. 85% of my sales are online. 

Edit to add: I LOVE scentsy. I've never had a customer complain about it and I am also addicted to the products so for me it's a win-win. I have more customers now than I ever did with Avon or Shaklee. 

Hello,

I read your reply and was wondering what is Scentsy? How much is it to join?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3boys1girl32
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:42 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:43 AM
How did you get started?

Quoting MrsMalsam:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)