Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone sell AVON? Is it worth it?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The really low startup fee is enticing, and the fact that you don't have to have an inventory, but I'm worried I'll get buckle and dimed and not have many customers.

I really want to be exclusively online and do online marketing/selling. People could just buy product via my website. Is this possible with AVON? Or do you have to go door to door and have parties/shows? I signed up with AVON online to get more info, bit the rep that called me wasn't very helpful.

If not AVON are there other companies that offer online rep opportunities?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
night.magic
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:44 AM

I just loved the moisturizing foot lotion products. But haven't ordered from Avon in years.

pse07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree, the hassle is not worth the commission.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hated selling Avon! Not worth it IMO. Too much hassle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:46 AM
1 mom liked this
No, and no. I can barely talk to any of my female friends anymore without hearing about a sales party.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:51 AM
I used to sell Avon and hated it! I LOST money! Now I sell lia Sophia and LOVE it! I make really good money. I make about $200-$300 per show(3 hours of work), I do private sales, and have my own website where I sell. I get $30 commission, win free vacations, and don't have to keep an inventory! Right now our start up fee is half off and is only $75! It gives you $1000 worth of jewelry, and all your business supplies to get started!

It's the best decision I ever made!
mamaclairbear
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:02 AM

I sold Avon and it is SO not worth it. Since AVON has been around FOREVER most areas are saturated with reps. I would put out 500 books per campaign and only get 1 or 2 sales. I did follow ups and everything else they tell you to do. I lost so much money on books alone. Not worth it one bit.

DollFace-23
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:03 AM
It was horrible! I worked by butt off and they continued to screw me over so I quit! DON'T DO IT!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsMalsam
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM
What do you mean? In which business?

Quoting Anonymous:

How did you get started?

Quoting MrsMalsam:

I hated Avon and Shaklee. I now sell Scentsy and don't have to carry stock either. 85% of my sales are online. 

Edit to add: I LOVE scentsy. I've never had a customer complain about it and I am also addicted to the products so for me it's a win-win. I have more customers now than I ever did with Avon or Shaklee. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-TheLionQueen-
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I loathe Avon. I will never buy it again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Scentsy :-)

Quoting MrsMalsam:

Quoting Anonymous:

How did you get started?

Quoting MrsMalsam:

I hated Avon and Shaklee. I now sell Scentsy and don't have to carry stock either. 85% of my sales are online. 

Edit to add: I LOVE scentsy. I've never had a customer complain about it and I am also addicted to the products so for me it's a win-win. I have more customers now than I ever did with Avon or Shaklee. 

MrsMalsam
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:07 AM
I joined under a friend of mine and it just went from there! I actually didn't have high hopes for it because I thought all direct sales was the same and when I actually got my kit and started to talk to people, I was quite surprised!

Quoting Anonymous:

Scentsy :-)

Quoting MrsMalsam:

Quoting Anonymous:

How did you get started?

Quoting MrsMalsam:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN