Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone sell AVON? Is it worth it?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The really low startup fee is enticing, and the fact that you don't have to have an inventory, but I'm worried I'll get buckle and dimed and not have many customers.

I really want to be exclusively online and do online marketing/selling. People could just buy product via my website. Is this possible with AVON? Or do you have to go door to door and have parties/shows? I signed up with AVON online to get more info, bit the rep that called me wasn't very helpful.

If not AVON are there other companies that offer online rep opportunities?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Replies (31-40):
BluePandaDreams
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Avon is crap. I wouldn't do it for all the money in the world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:10 AM
The quality of makeup is no good. I can find better in the drugstore.
aprilmom73
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:13 AM

IMHO Avon is great....but selling it sucks! You have to pay for the brochures which eats up most of the money that you are making. And they arent cheap. I tried to save money by just getting one brochure but that blew cause all my customers wanted a brochure. I gave it 2 years and quit. It was fun, but I wouldnt do it again.

Kermitthemom23
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Ive been doing pampered chef and have started getting goung with fb shows. We will see how it goes in the long run
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crr317
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:28 AM
I love selling AVON . You can do alot online. I also sell soylicious.com candles too . I love them. The start up few for both is low and you don't really have to have I variety online u less you want too. If you have any questions let me know :)
twiggee
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I sell avon and so far I like it but I am not making a ton of money mainly enough to cover the stuff I want each time . I do agree the books can get pricey what we do in my area is order in bulk my upline orders them in 100 qty's so they are only $0.20 each for us.

Paparazzi5bling
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Avon:  Did it for years.  Sometimes I did great, most times I did not.  Everyone knows someone who sells Avon and the customers are extremely loyal to their sales rep.  The low start up fee is good, but buying the brochures that change every 2 weeks is very expensive!!

Now I do Paparazzi Accessories - I just started in September and i LOVE it!  Women love $5 jewelry, and with everything priced at $5 it is affordable.  People who never liked Avon or wanted to order from me want to host parties!  I made $200 in my second month with this and I already have 1 girl in my downline. Unlike Avon, I won't lose my downline for not having so many people in a certain time frame. You have to buy the inventory up front, but people don't feel guilty about spending $5 and it sells itself, and you don't have to buy catalogs or try to coordinate order delivery with your customers.

lolli121
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:50 AM

If you're looking to try something for your first time at selling something, I would start with Avon. It's going to cost you the least to start up and if it doesn't work out, it's ten dollars to start. I've been throught he mary kay schpiel of putting out $100..but there's alot that comes along with it to even get discounts and like alot of the other companies, scentsy, 31, velata, etc....you're really only going to make any kind of money if you have the time to be harrassing people to get party bookings..if they tell you that you can choose to just do online and you will make money IT IS A LIE!  I 've found even with Avon, if you don't at least put in the effort to hand a brochure out, you're not going to make or sell anything. Plus, Avon there is no parties really involved at all like other companies, so you're not having to buy any inventory, unless you want to have stands somewhere or something..unlike all those other companies. You can't really have a party without something to show or display right? Plus, I found with Avon compared to other "selling" companies have their prices so jacked up..mostly because of what's going into your consultant's pocket, that as the customer, it's not worth paying for and how many utility totes do you need, or candle warmers, or fondue warmers do you really need....so where's the huge potential at your repeat customers?? there's not much! lol Any consultant for any company is going to tell you everything is great and peachy keen with whatever company they're selling for! mostly because if they get you to sign up, they're making something off of it/you! After losing money on mary kay..I personally chose to do Avon for myself and because I know people who have bought avon for years and continue too, plus I don't have time or gas money to be chasing people down to do parties, or facials, or whatever it is. I take a walk with my kids and hand out brochures. I figured for ten dollars, if I walk away, I"m not going to feel as bad as losing $100-$200 or more if I walk away from something else..like I did with Mary kay. Any company is going to feed you some half-truths to get you to sign up to sell....just don't start off with something big..I"m telling you from experience..don't buy into the hype...research and look around before you shell out any money. If you can't start out selling something for under $5.00...don't even put any money into selling that is worth $30, $40, $50...because you will just be losing money!

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:56 AM

I sold Avon YEARS ago. I was my #1 customer. lol So obviously I didn't do well. And unless you are consistent and put yourself out there big time, you will not do good. I sell Mark now and honestly, I am still my #1 customer. lol

nat97
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:21 AM

It is absolutely worth it. I have been selling Avon for a year and I am President's club. If you treat it like a hobby it will be one but if you treat it like a business you will be successful. When reps join my team, I help them succeed. It is not just ok sign up and now you are on your own you need people around you that will help you. If you are interested email me and I will give you more info.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)