Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone sell AVON? Is it worth it?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The really low startup fee is enticing, and the fact that you don't have to have an inventory, but I'm worried I'll get buckle and dimed and not have many customers.

I really want to be exclusively online and do online marketing/selling. People could just buy product via my website. Is this possible with AVON? Or do you have to go door to door and have parties/shows? I signed up with AVON online to get more info, bit the rep that called me wasn't very helpful.

If not AVON are there other companies that offer online rep opportunities?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Replies (41-50):
bxmom2580
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:21 AM
My mom is in her mid 70's, she has been selling Avon for almost 40 years, but her clientele is already established. She has good and bad days selling it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
esmith1091
by on May. 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I am a recently new boutique owner for Kitsy Lane and I love it. You make a good amount of money and its easy to use. It's great because there's no startup fee unlike Avon and Stella and Dot. I have never sold through any direct selling companies like Avon but I know they all require a startup fee and are somewhat pricey. Kitsy Lane is great jewelry at a great price and I love every piece I've sold so far.

You should sign up, even if your busy with kids like I am. It's very easy to do and it's all at home work. I like to work on my boutique while the kids are napping! Sign up using my link: http://bit.ly/197TMTb

Strolla
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I love AVON, and you can definatley do it on line.  You get a free website and it is only $10 to join.  Now of days there are so many different ways to sell AVON.  I don't go door to door, I just give books to my friends that work and they sell for me and I give them an incentive, advertise on line and people go directly to my website and order.  It is really easy to make money with AVON, and it depends on how you want to conduct your business, and how much you want to earn.  You have to ask yourself: do you just want to make some extra spending money or do you want to make it your primary income and build an upline?  Alot of people start out slow and then decide to build an upline and sign people up underneth them.  When you do that you can really start to make a good income.  Feel free to email me at cteenly70@gmail.com for more info. I would be have to talk to you and get you started. 

lunarmamma
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Hello......what is scentsy and how much is the start up?

Quoting MrsMalsam:

I hated Avon and Shaklee. I now sell Scentsy and don't have to carry stock either. 85% of my sales are online. 

Edit to add: I LOVE scentsy. I've never had a customer complain about it and I am also addicted to the products so for me it's a win-win. I have more customers now than I ever did with Avon or Shaklee. 

MrsMalsam
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 3:23 AM
Scentsy is a wickless, flameless candle. It's designed to warm wax and release fragrance using a low wattage light bulb. There are hundreds of different styles to choose from and over 80 fragrances for every taste. The start up cost is $99 and comes with everything needed to start your business.

Quoting lunarmamma:

Hello......what is scentsy and how much is the start up?

Quoting MrsMalsam:

I hated Avon and Shaklee. I now sell Scentsy and don't have to carry stock either. 85% of my sales are online. 

Edit to add: I LOVE scentsy. I've never had a customer complain about it and I am also addicted to the products so for me it's a win-win. I have more customers now than I ever did with Avon or Shaklee. 

Strolla
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I sell AVON and there are many ways to market your business.  I don't like the door to door thing either.  I put book out in my break room at work, give them to my family to take to their jobs, and when the order comes in they deliver it for me at work, and of course I deliver my own at work LOL!  There are so many more ways to market AVON.  Since you get a free website, you can advertise through social networking, advertise online with your online store where people will go directly to your website and order, and have their products delivered to them. I do all different types of advertising, put AVON books in my neighbors mail boxes, let people know I sell it through general conversation and they either ask for a book and they end up referring me to people as well.  Go to large buildings with offices and put AVON books in their boxes.  AVON is such an easy business, and there are so many differnet ways to market it.  If you are a person that likes to buy leads and just email people, you can do that as well.  Just keep in mind you can't just go to sleep and wake up with a million dollars, any type of business requires effort.  Well, I hope this was helpful.  Feel free to message me with any more quesitons. 

luvintkandtj1
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I just startes but my friends never keep an incentory. Most of them are military spouses abd cant afford extra stuff to lug around. Also they sell mostly online becaus . Most of us are spread around the usa. I always hoat online parties once a month and have the ocassional conventional order for the older crowd.
Join My Avon Team ask me how! Sign up: http://www.start.youravon.com/ use ref code: asiasheridan
Shop: www.youravon.com
pregnantmama105
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:54 AM
i sell avon... they suggest to go to people you know. then get redurals from friends... they now have e-brochures. to help with selling online.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

This article does a great job of comparing the costs and how much you can make.

http://www.mommalovesmoney.com/is-selling-avon-worth-it/

misshazzard
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I used to sell Avon and I really liked it. I did not make a ton of money, but was definetely able to suppliment my income.  I have serious health issues so going out and handing out catalogs and dropping off orders became too much for me, and I quit. I was thinking about rejoining, since I heard the online marketplace had vastly improved in recent years. After looking into it, I decided to research some other options. I was kind of wavering when I accidently happened upon Jewelry in Candles. I was just interested in purchasing at first (they are super fun pretty candles, with jewelry (valued at $!0-$7500) hidden in each one),  but I chose to sign up with them, and really like the company a lot. I still do not think it is neccessarily "better" than Avon, just different. The things that swayed my choice to go with JIC was the following, There was no sign up fee for JIC (this will actually be changing on November 15th), and Avon was $10. There is no monthly cost to be a JIC rep and have a rep website, Avon's "one simple fee" is $10 a month. There is no sales minimums to get your commision  with JIC, with Avon, if you sell less than $50 a campaign you get nothing. That being said, if I was still in top health, I might have gone with Avon, Im outgoing and enjoyed driving around town and seeing people while dropping off catalogs and purchases, and I liked how they constantly had new products. However for me, right now JIC was clearly the best choice. I made my first $25 off of my JIC website within 15 minutes of joining, so Im clearly pretty hapy with my choice :) If you are interested in shopping or signing up you can check out my website at https://www.jewelryincandles.com/store/miss_hazzard/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)