Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Called CPS?
What do you think it would take for you to do it?
On a stranger?
A friend?
Family member?

I'm just curious where everybody stands on this. Bf grew up in a home that could have used some... Intervetion... But he thinks physical abuse is the only thing someone should step in for, otherwise "not our kids, not our business."

I'm not sure what it'd take for me, but physical abuse isn't the only thing that needs stopping.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asmalltowngirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
What about environmental neglect? I just called on someone about a week ago. Gave them a chance to get it together and they didn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crashly
by Ashley on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Yeah on my mother in regards to my youngest brother. I posted on it when it happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I've called on a family member before. Her newborn was being left in a crib with cats and small dogs. She smelled horrid. The mother was telling, in front of all of us at church, her daughter (the newborn) what a brat she was because she was crying. I was livid and called cps on her. She lost her baby for a little while until she got help and cleaned up her living situation. I don't regret doing it (this was a few years back).

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Yes, I have. There is this neighbor kid he is about 8 years old. He is always getting beat. If its not by his mom its by his sisters. We finally got sick and tired of hearing him scream. I still remember the time when his sisters were literally on top of him beating him in front of everyone. his sisters were 16 and 18. the 18 year old is very heavy set so just imagine a heavy girl on top of a skinny little boy she was on the phone with her mom and i think she knew i was on the phone with the cops and my other neighbor was on the phone with cps because she said to her mom on the phone great mom someone is calling the cops again

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll call, but I use common sense and good judgment. You never know what is really going on but if I'm truly worried then it's usually not without cause.
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Nope. 

mommasbabies77
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Yes I have on a man I used to watch and clean his house for him. I would find empty condom wrappers and his underwear and two daughter's underwear in the girls' bed.  Coupled with the fact that the girls acted out sexually a lot..I was very concerned. The man was arrested for different charge and put in prison and the girls were given to a family member before anything came of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:35 PM
No and I wouldn't unless I knew for certain a child was being abused physically or sexually, or neglected.

I've seen so many people say they call CPS on someone for stupid reasons and it pisses me off.
Amanda52007
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Good! About time.

Quoting asmalltowngirl:

What about environmental neglect? I just called on someone about a week ago. Gave them a chance to get it together and they didn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahfire
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN