Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

for those who had ectopic pregnancies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
How long did it take for.you to have pain? I've tried googling but it didn't work. Tonight I've started having a lot of lower abdominal pain. Not severe but real achey and is worse when i stand or walk. It is much worse on the right side over my reproductive organs. I have my tubes tied so I know its a possibility. We had sex last night and i am fertile according to my period traverse I use and ovulated yesterday. Now I know this seems really soon to be in pain. I mean its been 24 hours. But i think its weird and a coincidence. It's not horrible pain yet but enough to be uncomfortable.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I have not had an ectopic pregnancy, but I am pretty sure 24 hours is too soon for pain. However could you be a coupke of weeks pregnant? I have read about pregnancies that were around 4 weeks along being ectopic.

If it gets too bad go to ER because if it IS an ectopic pregnancy and it ruptures it can be life threatening

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM
I will thank you. I've been trying to think of the last time we had sex. It don't happen often lol. But i know i had a period like normal. Must have been about 2 weeks ago. My tracker says I'm due in 13 days for my next one.

Quoting wrensong:

I have not had an ectopic pregnancy, but I am pretty sure 24 hours is too soon for pain. However could you be a coupke of weeks pregnant? I have read about pregnancies that were around 4 weeks along being ectopic.

If it gets too bad go to ER because if it IS an ectopic pregnancy and it ruptures it can be life threatening

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:01 PM

If it gets worse go be seen, it could be something else too.

Good luck

Quoting Anonymous:

I will thank you. I've been trying to think of the last time we had sex. It don't happen often lol. But i know i had a period like normal. Must have been about 2 weeks ago. My tracker says I'm due in 13 days for my next one.

Quoting wrensong:

Life in a Pagan Family (my blog)
http://lifeinapaganfamily.blog.com/
Kermitthemom23
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:02 PM
more likely its an ovarian cyst. they generally form around the time you ovulate
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I didn't feel pain until it ruptured. But given that it's only been a day for you I highly doubt its a tubal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I thought about that too I have had them in the past

Quoting Kermitthemom23:

more likely its an ovarian cyst. they generally form around the time you ovulate

JustCuriousToo
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM

It would take a few weeks for sure. I was 3 weeks when I found out about mine (because of pain) from my understanding thats pretty early.

doodlebut
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM
It usually takes 6 to 8 Weeks. I didn't even know I was pregnant until they discovered it. Then my tube burst.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Yeah I figured it was way to early I guess I'm just scared because of my tubes being tied. But a cyst sounds likely. I'll keep an eye on it.
iafagtsgp2009
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I just suffered one in early June. My tube actually ruptured. I was around 6 weeks. The whole time I knew I was pregnant even though tests came back negative at home and at dr. I kept feeling real crampy and achy. Then on a wednesday a faint positive came at dr office and on thursday my tube ruptured and i almost died. It will be very crampy and achy on either your lower left abdominal or lower right. Youll know by the feeling somethings not right but it wont be immense enough to make you go in. When the tubr ruptures you will feel a sharp shooting pain and pressure from your abdominal area all the way down into your butt. The longer you wait to go in the worse it will be. Better safe than sorry order an ultrasound. My episode almost cost me my life. But thanks to 4 blood transfusions and the amazing staff at St. Josephs in Bryan/College Station I am still here today with my little girl. I lost my left tube. But I'm still here. Go in to the doctor. ASAP!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)