Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

help!! men advice please***update***

I'm starting to fall for this great guy. I have been seeing him guy now for about 6 weeks or so. He asked me on saturday the 14th to be his girlfriend. Yesterday he asked me to go along with him to a family members wedding. That being said, I get this from him today after telling him I wish we would have met sooner. Read it and tell me what you think. Thanks. "I hope u can accept who I am. It seems you have no issues showing how u feel or ur emotions. I am not that way and have a hard time showing how I feel emotions etc. Having been screwed over i have changed...not by choice but that is how i am now. Maybe it will change being with u. Be patient. Just dont question me because it will annoy me....lol. I am dating u for a reason and that is because i like u. I am not emotional or have an easy time expressing feelings."

*****would you go to the family wedding?????I'm thinking, see how it goes but pass on the wedding thing. ******
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM
I would want to keep my distance after reading that...he has given himself an "out" for all the things that may happen later Then you can't blame him later.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I forgot to add that I wouldnt break up (still give him a chance) because he is being honest from the get go. He isn't acting like he all about the feelings and emotions then you realize later he full of it. Gotta give him credit for being honest.

Quoting Ris_n_Es_momma:

Thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

To me that is screaming you need to chill out on the emotions, feelings, commitment etc. He is basically saying he likes you, but he doesn't want a serious relationship. It's a little manipulative. Hes saying he isnt emotional attached, but acting like its up to you to accept it AND giving false hope that you will change him. Red flag. I wouldn't break up, but I aslo wouldn't be so quick to be his girlfriend. As of now, he is not boyfriend material. Don't start off the relationship being manipulated/settling, because when something happens he will say, "I told you I was this way".....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM
It means y'all need to graduate high school first because you sound 15.
Ris_n_Es_momma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Oh I'll pass on being 15. Dating is nuts. Clearly you haven't had to navigate your way through it in awhile.

Quoting Anonymous:

It means y'all need to graduate high school first because you sound 15.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DutchMama2010
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM
To get guy point of view , read to my hubby and he said "he's an oxy moron, he's expressing his feelings in a text about how he doesnt express his feelings"

We both agree: highly emotional and has emotional baggage
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ris_n_Es_momma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Yeah I think so, grr. Thanks!

Quoting cLanief:

it means you need to slow down on the whole "wish we met sooner" You scared him. ...... He's been fucked over and wants to go slow and hell hold back a bit till hes completely sure it's not going to end like past relationships. That is all.

He's like a beaten dog... it'll take time for him to be comfortable and not shy away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DutchMama2010
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM
I dont see honest, i see munipulative.

Quoting Anonymous:

I forgot to add that I wouldnt break up (still give him a chance) because he is being honest from the get go. He isn't acting like he all about the feelings and emotions then you realize later he full of it. Gotta give him credit for being honest.

Quoting Ris_n_Es_momma:

Thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

To me that is screaming you need to chill out on the emotions, feelings, commitment etc. He is basically saying he likes you, but he doesn't want a serious relationship. It's a little manipulative. Hes saying he isnt emotional attached, but acting like its up to you to accept it AND giving false hope that you will change him. Red flag. I wouldn't break up, but I aslo wouldn't be so quick to be his girlfriend. As of now, he is not boyfriend material. Don't start off the relationship being manipulated/settling, because when something happens he will say, "I told you I was this way".....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ris_n_Es_momma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:29 PM
I think you have a point! Thank you

Quoting DutchMama2010:

To get guy point of view , read to my hubby and he said "he's an oxy moron, he's expressing his feelings in a text about how he doesnt express his feelings"

We both agree: highly emotional and has emotional baggage
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_2_jasper
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Run.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Yeah.. Im the same way though so I know what he was going for in a round about way. Lol

Quoting Ris_n_Es_momma:

Yeah I think so, grr. Thanks!

Quoting cLanief:

it means you need to slow down on the whole "wish we met sooner" You scared him. ...... He's been fucked over and wants to go slow and hell hold back a bit till hes completely sure it's not going to end like past relationships. That is all.

He's like a beaten dog... it'll take time for him to be comfortable and not shy away

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)