Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tonight.....EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My one year old will be but in his crib at 8pm to CIO for the first time and put himself to bed. Wish me luck!

Well he went in at 8pm cried a little over 40 minutes ( I went in every 10 minutes) he say in his crib for 15 minutes just staring and finally laid down and went to sleep :) night 1 went good I think!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Replies (71-72):
mylovey
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Totally not something I would do........

Mommy to a sweet little princess named Saylor, and expecting a bouncing baby boy, Finley. 

BabyFruit Ticker

livric
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I am of the opinion that children do need to learn that when it is time to go to bed then it is bedtime.   Some children take to this easily others dont.   Some mothers can rock their child to sleep every afternoon and night and that is great if you can.  however most have other children, jobs, house ect ect to attend to and so spending however long rocking and soothing a child to sleep is just not practical.   My kids had bath, cuddles, story ect a quiet lovely bedtime routine and then it was time for bed.   if they got out, they got put straight back in.   I guess I was lucky in that while they were in the cot they never really cried as it was what I did from day one.  it was always kisses, cuddles and then into bed.  My trouble was when they went into the toddler bed LOL then it was on!!   they would come out, they would be put straight back into bed.   Both my kids are fantastic sleepers,  DS 7 is in bed and asleep @ 7pm  no joke he is out like a light LOL every night.  DD 8.5 reads in bed from 7pm til 7.30 then it is lights out.   she normally takes about half hour til she is asleep.  they both sleep through the night,  they always have from infancy.   everyone does what is right for their family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN