Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My neighbor thinks she can control the school just because her child has allergies

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So my neighbor moved in just as school ended. We are friendly, we talk when we see each other out. We just found out that our kids (her son, my DD) will be in the same class this year. She saw me walking up my driveway with lots of bags full of school supplies. She said "oh getting ready for school"? DD said "yep, mommy got lots of peanut butter". My DD eats sandwiches at school and the only sandwiches she will eat are peanut butter (peanut butter and jelly, peanut butter and fluff, peanut butter and bananas)during the summer, she has lot lunches. Well the neighbor said "I should tell you that your DD won't be allowed to eat peanut butter at school because Jake (her son) has an allergy, I have already called the school and told them that no one can eat peanut butter around my son". Now I know that the school doesn't ban foods because of allergies but I just let it go. I called the school to make sure that they wouldn't be banning it and the secretary said that they will not be. Next time I saw my neighbor, I let her know what I was told and she said "well I will be sending a letter to every parent in the class saying that if they send peanut butter with their kid and her kid somehow gets it, she will sue". It took everything I had not to laugh at her
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
superm0m877
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Quoting -Ruby-:

It's going to be serious lulz when these allergy kids grow up and think everyone should bend to their whims and revolve around their condition.

Bethsunshine
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM
6 moms liked this
If your child is so picky that all she will eat is peanut butter, then you have a bigger problem
than your neighbor allegedly trying to control the school. That is not healthy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM
3 moms liked this
Kids cannot be expected to police themselves in this way. Damn irresponsible parenting to completely disregard the lives of other children. Once they're grownups, yeah, I can see not having a ban on allergens, but these are kids and depend on others for their safety.
Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM
8 moms liked this
So let's see here
your kid gets peanut butter and is happy, her son could get seriously sick or even worse - die!
Or
your kid has something other than peanut butter, may have a tanty but will get over it and her son will be safe.
Yeah... selfish!... and I'm not talking about the other parent there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Quoting Bethsunshine:

If your child is so picky that all she will eat is peanut butter, then you have a bigger problem
than your neighbor allegedly trying to control the school. That is not healthy.

She does eat other things but as far as sandwiches go, that's about it. She is lactose intolerant so she can't have cheese and ham makes her sick
eastcoastmama11
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Lmao I call troll.

"lots of peanut butter!!"

Your kid picked the perfect line for cafe mom drama?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:16 PM
This

Quoting allycally:

I HATE when school starts all of these post make me nuts.....Get over it.... teach ur daughter to eat other things or keep her home if she has food aversion that bad....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrywaves21
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this
She needs to be teaching her son not to eat others food. She also should send out a letter stating if your child eats xyz to please to teach them to wash their hands properly.

Not come across as a psycho bitch. He doesn't sound like its deadly maybe hives or something. Personally it's not my problem to cater to your child. Especially if you're being a bitch about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Misery_Stitches:

So let's see here
your kid gets peanut butter and is happy, her son could get seriously sick or even worse - die!
Or
your kid has something other than peanut butter, may have a tanty but will get over it and her son will be safe.
Yeah... selfish!... and I'm not talking about the other parent there!

My DD is lactose intolerant and ham makes her sick. Actually most meats make her sick so what else can she eat?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Quoting -Ruby-:

It's going to be serious lulz when these allergy kids grow up and think everyone should bend to their whims and revolve around their condition.

I know right.  And what about those damn kids in wheelchairs!?!  So demanding with their needs for ramps and elevators...  why do we need to work aound their condition!?!  Geez!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN