Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My neighbor thinks she can control the school just because her child has allergies

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So my neighbor moved in just as school ended. We are friendly, we talk when we see each other out. We just found out that our kids (her son, my DD) will be in the same class this year. She saw me walking up my driveway with lots of bags full of school supplies. She said "oh getting ready for school"? DD said "yep, mommy got lots of peanut butter". My DD eats sandwiches at school and the only sandwiches she will eat are peanut butter (peanut butter and jelly, peanut butter and fluff, peanut butter and bananas)during the summer, she has lot lunches. Well the neighbor said "I should tell you that your DD won't be allowed to eat peanut butter at school because Jake (her son) has an allergy, I have already called the school and told them that no one can eat peanut butter around my son". Now I know that the school doesn't ban foods because of allergies but I just let it go. I called the school to make sure that they wouldn't be banning it and the secretary said that they will not be. Next time I saw my neighbor, I let her know what I was told and she said "well I will be sending a letter to every parent in the class saying that if they send peanut butter with their kid and her kid somehow gets it, she will sue". It took everything I had not to laugh at her
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is 6 years old and she knows not to eat anything from other kids and she knows she is not suppose to have!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:20 PM
7 moms liked this

My son is diabetic. I think they should ban all foods that could cause his blood sugars to raise to a seriously life threatening point. Also everything must be diabetic friendly!

Sounds so nice but it wont happen. My son knows what to eat and what not to eat. My son knows his limitations and when he needs to seek help. He has been taught this since Kindergarten. Her child needs to be taught not coddled because as an adult he has no say in what a coworker brings to work for lunch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My 4 yo knows he gets sick from orange juice so guess what, he doesn't drink orange juice. Why? Because we've talked and talked and talked about it. Why can't that work for someone with allergies?
two4one
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Yeah, I agree.

Quoting eastcoastmama11:

Lmao I call troll.

"lots of peanut butter!!"

Your kid picked the perfect line for cafe mom drama?

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

Do Not Breed or Buy Labels

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:21 PM

How about just make sure your DD washes her hands and doesnt make a mess and her son do the same...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Lactose intolerant children can take medicine that allows them to eat those products.  (My daughter is severly lactose intolerant.)  There is no medecine to prevent an allergic reaction to peanuts.

It really doesn't work for her, it HELPS but she still gets bad stomach pains.
GirlWSlingshot
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
So we should medicate some children to make it more convenient for a small amount of children?

Quoting Anonymous:

Lactose intolerant children can take medicine that allows them to eat those products.  (My daughter is severly lactose intolerant.)  There is no medecine to prevent an allergic reaction to peanuts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melinda32
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed! Coming from a mom with kids with no peanut allergy.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's peanut butter! Your kid will live without it, her kid may not live with it around. This argument is soo stupid...whiny, heartless wenches.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wkukid:

People need to train the kid to stay away from it, not change everyone else, that's ridiculous.

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this

What a lot of people forget is that you cannot always tell that something is made with or from peanuts.

Quoting Anonymous:

My 4 yo knows he gets sick from orange juice so guess what, he doesn't drink orange juice. Why? Because we've talked and talked and talked about it. Why can't that work for someone with allergies?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)