Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Motherhood isn't what I expected it to be.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I didn't expect it to be easy but I did expect to enjoy it overall. I don't. I have a difficult child and I am the first to admit that I am not a great parent. I do my best and I love my son no doubt but patience, consistency, sternness...all things needed to be a good disciplinary I lack. 

I was not blessed with an "easy" child. My son is very difficult. He has had speech problems and now we are seeing his doctor about his behavior problems and his wetting the bed at night problems. Everyone who has babysat him has backed out because of his behavior. A sunday school teacher, my grandmother, and my mother inlaw. They all watched him during the week but couldn't do it because he's so mean, unruly and destructive. 

I have no idea why he is like this. We aren't mean spirited in my house at all. We are very gentle and sweet to him. We discipline when he is bad but it seems like nothing works so that's why we are going to the doctor.

But anyways back to my original post. I love my son, i really do but I didn't think being a mom would be so hard. I sometimes wish I could have been one of those "lucky" moms who have sweet kids at least some of the time. I get maybe an hour total per day(if that) of my son being nice and following the rules. 

I know I will get bashed but I needed to vent. I just wish life as a mom was rewarding as I thought it would be. 

*my son is 4 btw, if anyone asks*

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dinc
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Don't give up.  Go to the doctor and see if there is anything that can be done.  Find a psychologist or counselor and get some ideas on how to deal with behavior.  Check some parenting books out of the library.  Talk to other moms and see what they do.  You don't say how old he is so that might also be a factor. 

Parenting is the hardest job I have ever had and it never ends.  It is frustrating, tiring, emotionally draining, and irritating at times.  I hope you are able to get some help.  Try to take a break each day for a little while if that is possible even if it is just to have a cup of tea or read a magazine.   Good luck with everything. 

lovetoteachec
by Dani on Jul. 20, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Go to the Dr. and get help. I had a difficult child too but once we got help things changed. my daughter has.ADHD so behavior wise its been hard. -_- I remember feeling how you do. She is getting help though so its getting better. :) hugs and best wishes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Bump
tarakay0417
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I agree with the previous posters. Get him to the doctor and see if they can help him. Don't give up. My nephew has ADHD and before he got put on meds he was an unruly child. He still has his days but it is getting better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:05 PM
I would also see if you can get him enrolled in special education. My son's in a preschool program because he has autism, but they have students with other behavioral problems.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN