Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"i thought it was a stunt for the movie"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I keep hearing this from witnesses in the shooting in Colorado. I'm a little taken back by that comment. I've been to many movies in my life and not once have I seen an actual person come out and do stunts in the theater.
I'm sure it was a shocking thing to see, I'm sure they were having a hard time grasping what was happening, but I just don't think my reaction to a man dressed like that throwing tear gas would be "damn, these stunts are crazy..."
Anyone else think that's odd?
And I'm in no way unsympathetic or anything. I feel for all the victims. Just find that odd.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Just sayin

Quoting atyou:

Lol

Holy moly anon. Maybe you need to go burn one.

Quoting Anonymous:

How fucking heartless. You're a bitch for even saying such stupid bullshit. Just sayin.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Maybe they were stoned? Just sayin

J/k

ajohnson08099
by *Lyssa Lou* on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I think for me it would have been "What the fukck is that guy doing??" *look around* "Thats weird, sit the fuc-- OH HELL HE'S SHOOTING--Stop, Drop, Roll, Fuck thats for fire... UMMMMMM I'm gonna die Im gonna die I'm gonna die... Run, get out, move, freak out... Where's my sister? Get out get out get out!"

Not meaning that to be humorous... Just seriously.

tecsabates
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Ooohhhh, that's right!  I woulda never remembered that....wonder even more if this guy had something against the movie or something?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Batman's parents died outside of a movie theatre. They were shot.

Quoting ktinaza:

?? I haven't seen it...

Quoting AdellesMom:

I didn't think about it until you brought it up. :-/

Quoting JLo1486:

Nobody has brought up the irony of this event. Anybody recall what happened to Batman's parents at the theater?

mr.scariesmommy
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Love that movie I used to go to the live showings but they don't have any where I live now.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, this movie has taken on the same type of fans that dress up for rockie horror or star wars. With rockie horror, people get up and act like the characters.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Amen sista!

Quoting Anonymous:

Ah the same thing said, " at least I don't hide behind anon. ". That gets old already. Think of something else to say when someone tells you something. At least I say the truth anon or not. I'm a person with a heart. I don't joke about people that lost their lives. My point is youre a bitch. Apparently you can't read.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Point? At least i didnt hide behind anon ;-)

Quoting Anonymous:

How fucking heartless. You're a bitch for even saying such stupid bullshit. Just sayin.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

J/k

AdellesMom
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM
They were.

Quoting billsfan1104:

I thought they were killed outside the theater.

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting JLo1486:

Nobody has brought up the irony of this event. Anybody recall what happened to Batman's parents at the theater?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM
I could see them thinking it... Shit when I saw the plane go into the wtc tower I thought they were showing a trailer for a movie.... Can't remember which movie...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM
He said that he was Joker.

Quoting tecsabates:

Ooohhhh, that's right!  I woulda never remembered that....wonder even more if this guy had something against the movie or something?

Quoting AdellesMom:

Batman's parents died outside of a movie theatre. They were shot.

Quoting ktinaza:

?? I haven't seen it...

Quoting AdellesMom:

Quoting JLo1486:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Really? If weed could cause someone to go on a mass shooting spree, perhaps marijuana should stay ILLEGAL.  No, this is obviously someone who is FUCKED up.  Joke or not, what a stupid, stupid thing to say.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

J/k

gemikris82
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:02 PM

i remember it was the first day of the tyra banks talk show on the WB and  i wanted to watch it and im thinking what movie is this or is this the sears towers? so i shut it off bc my show wasnt going on.  i didnt realize how bad it was til my friend called me up crying to tell me what happened.  i still get chills thinking about that day.

Quoting tecsabates:

Yup - I had turned on the tv just in time to see the second plane hit and I remember thinking it was odd that they had a movie on on cnn.......

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I dont know about anyone else but I watched the twin towers thing going "wtf, this is the worlds longest movie trailer.  I wish they would go back to the news.  I want to see the weather before I go to work."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)