Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Obese families

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 157 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am going to sound like a total B#$CH here but oh well.

We have a community pool in our neighborhood and everytime I go (today included) I notice VERY overweight kids ages 2 and up with their over weight parents.  I am not talking chubby or slightly overweight, I mean OBESE, parents and their kids alike. 

Usually I give them (and others in other circumstances) the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe glandular, genetics, thyroid, etc etc etc.  UNTIL  I witnessed the following since the start of summer at this pool.

Pizza being ordered and delivered to the pool for themselves and their kids who were again, all obese.

Another time, a 20 pack of tacos from taco bell for a family of 3.  Yes 3, and they ate it all (kid was maybe 5 or 6).

Another family brought take out of chicken fried steak and all the fixins (mashed potatoes, gravy, french fries and sugary sodas).

Today, a family ordered enough KFC to feed an army and ate all of it.  THEN ordered pizza for their kids who already ate the KFC, and were still "hungry."

I mean, come the F on.  It makes me mad when I see a 3 or 4 yr old breathing heavy simply from walking from point A to B at the pool or anywhere else due to their weight. 

I am NOT saying everyone that is obese is like this, but this is what I have noticed lately. 

Shoot me.  I am done.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pamelam20
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:21 PM
5 moms liked this
Hey, at least they're at the pool!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Yucky

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Outside food isn't even allowed at our pool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM
5 moms liked this

Fat children make me angry.Its usually a direct result of lazy parenting.I don't understand why you wouldn't want to put an effort to teach your kids healthy living.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Obese people should be forced to be sterilized!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I mean..o get it..its sad its a cycle.
cue the "why do you care mind your business" brigade.
emelymac
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:28 PM

We're not even allowed to eat anything more than sandwiches at our pool.  I know someone like that. She is very overweight and admits to feeding her kids crap because she "doesn't know how to eat healthy." Her kids range in size, but they are all big. I think it's a lame excuse personally. There are so many ways of educating yourself on healthy eating nowadays.

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:28 PM
2 moms liked this

But all kids eat like that dont they?  my kids are underwieght if anything and the 3 of them could eat 20 tacos or a whole pizza! (they are 17, 13 and 10)

TurtleSquish
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:28 PM

wow that's insane. I'm fat, and my family used to be, and the only thing my parents would bring to the pool was cheez its and water.

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Well, it's not a private pool so maybe that's why. They sell drinks and snacks, though. But, we feed the kids before we go.

Quoting Blog.Mountain:

Quoting Mamie_85:

Outside food isn't even allowed at our pool

wow! We can order pizza and theyll deliver it to our pool club.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)