Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Obese families

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am going to sound like a total B#$CH here but oh well.

We have a community pool in our neighborhood and everytime I go (today included) I notice VERY overweight kids ages 2 and up with their over weight parents.  I am not talking chubby or slightly overweight, I mean OBESE, parents and their kids alike. 

Usually I give them (and others in other circumstances) the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe glandular, genetics, thyroid, etc etc etc.  UNTIL  I witnessed the following since the start of summer at this pool.

Pizza being ordered and delivered to the pool for themselves and their kids who were again, all obese.

Another time, a 20 pack of tacos from taco bell for a family of 3.  Yes 3, and they ate it all (kid was maybe 5 or 6).

Another family brought take out of chicken fried steak and all the fixins (mashed potatoes, gravy, french fries and sugary sodas).

Today, a family ordered enough KFC to feed an army and ate all of it.  THEN ordered pizza for their kids who already ate the KFC, and were still "hungry."

I mean, come the F on.  It makes me mad when I see a 3 or 4 yr old breathing heavy simply from walking from point A to B at the pool or anywhere else due to their weight. 

I am NOT saying everyone that is obese is like this, but this is what I have noticed lately. 

Shoot me.  I am done.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Replies (151-157):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:05 AM

this.

you make you fat (general you).  while PCOS and other medical issues (ie. hypothyroidism etc) are very real issues, it just make it more challeging to lose the weight but it CAN BE DONE.  i know plenty of people with one or the other; some even have both; yet they manage to stay fit and keep trim and do you know why?  because they choose to eat healthy, they choose to take control of it (via medication and proper nutrition/healthy exercise) and they choose to NOT use their medical ailments as an excuse to sit around, be lazy and eat garbage.  

it's so nauseating that people will use "medical conditions" as an excuse to sit around and do nothing but continue their unhealthy lifestyle.  

Quoting Anonymous:

P.C.O.S does not make you fat ,, unless you use that as your excuse  

Quoting Anonymous:

Im obese (due to PCOS, lack of energy & depression). So I should be sterilized? Stupid people need to be sterilized

beeky
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:09 AM

I honestly can't understand how people can eat that much food in one sitting.

We went to Denny's and my dd and I both ordered the nacho salad.  It was freaking huge!  We ate our fill and barely made a dent in it.  When the waitress came to take away our plates, she was shocked and asked if we liked it.  We liked it, we just couldn't eat it all.  We could have shared one between us and there still would have been leftovers.

queentroll117
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:12 AM

that's a bit much! I agree they should lose weight but to not let them have kids...

Quoting Anonymous:

Obese people should be forced to be sterilized!!

queentroll117
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:12 AM

I am grateful to be 107 lbs. being obese would suck

queentroll117
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:15 AM

I want some velveeta shells and cheese with bacon in it! not really.

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

chicken fried steak sounds yummy! i might make it tomorrow with all the fixings lol

Quoting xxBiteMExx:

Lmao.

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

this post made me hungry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I was at the beach last week and saw a family of obese parents with 2 obese children, and the youngest couldn't have been more than 2.  I wonder how a 2 year old gets to be obese.  My husband and I are both overweight, but we are active and so are our children.  My 3 year old is a bean pole.  Perhaps it's genetics, but I can't help but think that when you see an obese 2 year old that it's the parents doing.  They have to be offering them very unhealthy food and little chance for activity.  I'm not really sure I understand completely how a child so small can be obese.  

jen2150
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I am not really sure what your point really is.  You are just opening an entire group of people you don't know to being bashed.  I constantly see good and bad eating habits from people that are skinny and overweight.  People are overweight for a number of reasons.  Sudden weight gain happens to people all the time.  Stress  and side effects can cause people to gain a lot of weight quickly.  When I at a pool,  I concentrate on having fun and not the eating habits of other people.  I know swimming always makes me very hungry.  I wouldn't assume they always eat that much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)