Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do they afford it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Just curious how police departments can afford brand new vehicles. Our department just got brand new 2013 something or others. I don't remember what they are. Trucks are brand new too. I mean I live in a state with a very high unemployment rate (not that that is the departments fault). But seriously how can they afford that. I just dont get it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Your tax dollars, my friend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM

no shit! they lay off so many people working for the city and state but they get new vehicles and stuff. pisses me off!

anotherhalf
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:31 PM
They bought a whole new fleet or just replacement vehicles? If the old cars were over a certain mileage its probably good they were replaced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Tax revenue and grants...basically the tax payer!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Pretty sure a new whole fleet. Haven't seen any of the old ones in a while. They are ford incepters.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Well that's just shitty...I get we have to pay for certian things but damn. 2013 brand new vehicles for the whole damn department seems a bit ridiculous to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Ok so they only bought 14 @ $24,000 a piece and want to buy 13 more next year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Well that's just shitty...I get we have to pay for certian things but damn. 2013 brand new vehicles for the whole damn department seems a bit ridiculous to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

well i get what your saying if u needed the them to get to your house fast...you wouldn't want them to break down or anything so in my mind its a good investment...

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:40 PM
They probably get a discount but that's your tax dollars at work. The best thing to do is become involved in city government if you want a voice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:44 PM

well if you had to call in an emergency would you want the car to potentially break down on the way?   seems like a good investment to me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)