Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Presidential Campaign Ads... ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Who are you voting for?

Options:

Obama

Romney

Undecided

Not Voting

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 128

View Results

So, I saw one of Obama's presidential campaign ads today (first one that I've noticed). It didn't have anything to do with HIS politics. All it had to do with was slamming Romney. All I could think is "are you really that scared that you have to come out of the gate trying to bash Romney??" (like I said this is the only one I've seen, there may be more that I'm not aware of... and no, I do not want Obama back in office)

But it got me thinking. Who are you voting for??

ETA: Yes, I realize that smear ads is how it works. I wasn't commenting on that. I was commenting on the irony of Obama having issues in the past about not putting his hand over his heart for the national anthem and that this smear ad had Romney singing the song. I found it ironic.

Also, no where did I say that Romney wasn't doing the same thing Obama is or that either man is better than the other because of them. Just that this was the first one that I had seen on TV.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:47 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Whogivesafuck was here! :D
autumns_mom22
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:13 AM
I don't vote.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miss_lisa
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:30 AM
I said nothing about why you support Romney so your claim that it's the other way around makes zero sense. Nothing you said changes what I said about you and Obama. He could make an ad playing with kittens and you'd find something wrong with it.

I have voted in every local and national election since I was 18 and have been donating time to campaigns since I was 16. I vote for the things and people I believe in most. There are more than two presidential candidates. I do not vote for the "lesser of two evils" (I know what it means btw). If I don't agree with or believe in the person I don't vote for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually, it's the other way around. I support Romney because I do not like Obama. I've viewed Obama as negative long before his ass stepped foot into the oval office. Romney is the only other presidential candidate at this point. I do NOT want Obama back in office. I don't like his politics. Period.  Romney may not be the god send that this country needs but I'd rather give him a shot than keep Obama in office. (that is what I meant by the lesser of two evils... politicians in general are self serving liars... you just have to figure out which one you believe to have the better of intentions.) I voted against Obama 4 years ago. I will vote against him again this coming election.

From the way you make it sound, you don't vote at all.... which is honestly a huge issue with our country.

Quoting miss_lisa:

Nah, I think you support Romney therefore your view of what Obama does is already negative. He could release an ad of him playing with puppies and I'm sure you'd criticize it.

I am a liberal independent who is undecided. I don't vote for the lesser of two evils and I think that's a pathetic cop out.
Quoting Anonymous:

I wasn't referring to a photo. I was referring to videos of him not placing his hand over his heart and him claiming that he was taught by his father that "you don't put your hand over your heart during the anthem, you sing!"... but his lips aren't moving either. It's disrespectful in my eyes. Not just because its something that "should be done", but because that song is about our country and what it took to win our freedom, the men and women who died and continue to die in service to our country. Showing respect to those who gave us our freedom and our president his job. A president is supposed to be a leader. What does it say to the youth of our nation when the president only shows that respect part of the time. How can we expect them to take our government seriously when the leader of our government does things like that?

Neither candidate is ideal... but you have to pick the lesser of two evils (which ever that may be in your eyes)

Quoting miss_lisa:

*rolls eyes*

No, Romney's suck too. And Obama does salute the flag, the photo you're referencing was photoshopped.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, true. But this one was just sad. It was Romney singing The Star Spangled Banner (I think) off key and a list of things that he does "wrong".... this coming from the man that won't even salute his own country's flag. lol

Quoting miss_lisa:

Lol the majority of political ads from both campaigns are like that. Statistically speaking its been proven that they work better than positive ads.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miss_lisa
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:32 AM
4 moms liked this
I live on the border of Canada, bull shit. Plus my cousin, who is a Canadian citizen, carries a private insurance plan for other medical services and her premium is $89 a month. There is no deductible, copays, or our of pocket costs. Just the premium.

However all that is irrelevant since the Affordable Care Act is not socialized medicine.

Quoting DarlaHood:

The Duty of a Patriot is to protect a country from its government --  Thomas Paine

Say NO OBAMA!  We need economic revival, and he is NOT the one to do it.  And if you've ever worked with ANY government agency, you know you do NOT want the government involved in your health care. 

Did you know that in many countries with socialized medicine they ALSO carry private insurance on top of it becaue the waits for things like knee replacements can be years??  Did you also know that people from Canada who have socialized medicine and don't want to wait come here to the U.S. for care? Nothing is for free people.  But this country was built on free enterprise, industry, and private business.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LanaTsunami
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Myself!
abifasc
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Obama did that in the last election too. I'm voting for Romney, although I think he's just the lesser of two evils.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:51 AM
2 moms liked this
Obama mama!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:53 AM
2 moms liked this

It's ok if Romney does it,  it's only wrong if Obama does it and I know this is true because fox news and rush told me!  

Quoting CaptainFeast:

I've seen nothing but smear ads from Romney.

From his website: ENJOY!

http://www.mittromney.com/videos

Quoting Anonymous:

So, I saw one of Obama's presidential campaign ads today (first one that I've noticed). It didn't have anything to do with HIS politics. All it had to do with was slamming Romney. All I could think is "are you really that scared that you have to come out of the gate trying to bash Romney??" (like I said this is the only one I've seen, there may be more that I'm not aware of... and no, I do not want Obama back in office)

It got me thinking. Who are you voting for??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:55 AM
I don't know. I've always voted Rep but there is simply something about Romney that I do not like. I'm not thrilled with Obama either but I'd almost rather another 4 years with him. I have to decide. I'm going to vote and right now I'm leaning to Obama. Romney reminds me too much of the boss that sits upstairs that no one likes
eastcoastmama11
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Obama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)