Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Presidential Campaign Ads... ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Who are you voting for?

Options:

Obama

Romney

Undecided

Not Voting

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 128

View Results

So, I saw one of Obama's presidential campaign ads today (first one that I've noticed). It didn't have anything to do with HIS politics. All it had to do with was slamming Romney. All I could think is "are you really that scared that you have to come out of the gate trying to bash Romney??" (like I said this is the only one I've seen, there may be more that I'm not aware of... and no, I do not want Obama back in office)

But it got me thinking. Who are you voting for??

ETA: Yes, I realize that smear ads is how it works. I wasn't commenting on that. I was commenting on the irony of Obama having issues in the past about not putting his hand over his heart for the national anthem and that this smear ad had Romney singing the song. I found it ironic.

Also, no where did I say that Romney wasn't doing the same thing Obama is or that either man is better than the other because of them. Just that this was the first one that I had seen on TV.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:47 AM
Replies (31-40):
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:20 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL. You seriously don't realize that that's how campaigns work? One candidate bashes the other. That's just how it works.

I will be voting for Obama, because I am terrified of a country run by Romney.

T-HoneyLuv
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Exactly!!

Quoting CaptainFeast:

I've seen nothing but smear ads from Romney.

From his website: ENJOY!

http://www.mittromney.com/videos

Quoting Anonymous:

So, I saw one of Obama's presidential campaign ads today (first one that I've noticed). It didn't have anything to do with HIS politics. All it had to do with was slamming Romney. All I could think is "are you really that scared that you have to come out of the gate trying to bash Romney??" (like I said this is the only one I've seen, there may be more that I'm not aware of... and no, I do not want Obama back in office)

It got me thinking. Who are you voting for??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM

i have zero interest in politics for this exact reason. they never post commercials that say "i really want to help america by...." it's always "i'll be a better president than that guy cause he did x-y- and z. don't vote for him, vote for me" it makes me sick. it's not just this campaign, they're ALWAYS like this, no matter who is running. the day i see a commercial where the other guy is not mentioned is the day i'll take an interest in a candidate.

tracylynnr67
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:25 PM
3 moms liked this

Obama, again.

I am a "demopublican"...I vote for whoever I feel is best. Last election I came very close to voting for John McCain and then Mrs. Palin started talking and I changed my mind. This time around I couldn't be paid enough to vote for Mitt Romney. 

I do not, btw, believe that Presiden Obama is a Muslim but if he were that wouldn't change my mind from voting for him. I do not care what religion people are. I am Jewish, having a Christian president isn't a must for me.

miss_lisa
3 moms liked this

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

I think it's beyond ridiculous that you find his stance on the national anthem disrespectful. Now that I have a computer I can link you to his exact words and the general consensus on it.

Additionally, there was absolutely  nothing disrespectful about what he did/does.  How exactly is not placing his hand on his heart disrespectful? Please... provide details.

Oh wait... that's right. You just dislike him so you'll find any pathetic excuse you can to criticize him. 

I think it's pathetic when people are like you and get so worked up about non-issues. Our country is in debt, we're dealing with serious economical problems, we're STILL in Afghanistan and more and you are worried about how he doesn't put his hand on his heart during the national anthem? I know this might be asking for a lot, but how about you actually concern yourself with something that actually matters.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wasn't referring to a photo. I was referring to videos of him not placing his hand over his heart and him claiming that he was taught by his father that "you don't put your hand over your heart during the anthem, you sing!"... but his lips aren't moving either. It's disrespectful in my eyes. Not just because its something that "should be done", but because that song is about our country and what it took to win our freedom, the men and women who died and continue to die in service to our country. Showing respect to those who gave us our freedom and our president his job. A president is supposed to be a leader. What does it say to the youth of our nation when the president only shows that respect part of the time. How can we expect them to take our government seriously when the leader of our government does things like that?

Neither candidate is ideal... but you have to pick the lesser of two evils (which ever that may be in your eyes)

Quoting miss_lisa:

*rolls eyes*

No, Romney's suck too. And Obama does salute the flag, the photo you're referencing was photoshopped.

T-HoneyLuv
4 moms liked this
I proudly voted Obama in in 2008, and I will proudly help vote for his re-election come November.

OBAMA 2012 BABY!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I'll vote for Obama again. They all do attack ads. Every single candidate since the time I've been old enough to watch tv have done attack ads. I think its stupid. But it has nothing to do with them being "scared" of the competition.

JzznJasmine
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:31 PM
3 moms liked this

Definately NOT Romney... I like my government and my uterus seperate. And he's made great strides to put his policies in my uterus.

Jaye5.0
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:59 PM

NO he doesn't  and he won't "wear that pin either". His words and one more than one occasion he has not saluted.  

Quoting miss_lisa:

*rolls eyes*

No, Romney's suck too. And Obama does salute the flag, the photo you're referencing was photoshopped.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, true. But this one was just sad. It was Romney singing The Star Spangled Banner (I think) off key and a list of things that he does "wrong".... this coming from the man that won't even salute his own country's flag. lol

Quoting miss_lisa:

Lol the majority of political ads from both campaigns are like that. Statistically speaking its been proven that they work better than positive ads.

miss_lisa
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Little behind there, already posted a link about it. And he's worn the American flag pin on numerous occassions.

However, as I asked the other poster, if you could please try and concern yourself with something that actually matters that would be great.

Quoting Jaye5.0:

NO he doesn't  and he won't "wear that pin either". His words and one more than one occasion he has not saluted.  

Quoting miss_lisa:

*rolls eyes*

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, true. But this one was just sad. It was Romney singing The Star Spangled Banner (I think) off key and a list of things that he does "wrong".... this coming from the man that won't even salute his own country's flag. lol

Quoting miss_lisa:

Lol the majority of political ads from both campaigns are like that. Statistically speaking its been proven that they work better than positive ads.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN