Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I and jealous & hate the dog!!! So long, I need to vent!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Don't get it twisted, I love animals. At the beginning of the year, Dh & I got 2 pups, brothers. He decided one night to purchase them from a breeder ($800 each!!!) while I was asleep. It was his decision, we never talked about it, he didn't ask me, he did it all on his own. We got them at 8 weeks. They were great puppies until about 3 1/2 months old when I started to potty train them, crate train, all that stuff. They didn't do well at all. DH couldn't stand it. He really hated the dogs. Refused to help me take care of them, ignored them, wouldn't take them to the vet, no help.... Nothing! Between myself running my own business, taking care of the kids and trying to keep up with all my regular mommy & wife responsibilities, I told Dh it was too much for me to take care of the puppies alone & that I was going to find them new homes, which is what he told me to do numerous times before, but wouldn't help me try to get rid of them. I listed them for sale, found a family I liked but they only wanted one. They ended up taking the dog I liked most, it was heartbreaking for me cuz I felt a bond with the little guy. I could not find a home for the other.

Miraculously, the dog we ended up havin to keep.... He changed overnight. He was potty trained, sweet, calm, perfect!!! DH fell in love with him. Now he does not do anything without the dog. He comes from a wealthy family and helps run his fathers business so he works from home (as do I) and he spends every waking moment with the dog, and it seems like the dog hates me ( i cant figure out why because i have Never been anything but wonderful and sweet to this dog). I think it Might be that i dont spoil & treat the dog like DH does, so the dog doesnt like it.

After a month of feeling neglected and jealous ( it sounds so stupid I know), I couldn't take keeping my feelings in anymore, so I told DH how I felt. He said that was the most ridiculous thing he had ever heard, got insanely upset and said "fine I will get rid if my best friend because YOUHATE HIM!!!" of course I didn't let it happen because first of all I would have to hear him rub It in my face for the rest of my life and 2ndly, my kids are attached to the dog. Now that dh knows I feel this way he does things like lay the dog right In between our faces in bed at night, cuddle with the dog all the time while saying stupid shit to the dog like "your mOmmy hates you and she wants u to sleep on the floor, why don't we make he sleep on the flOor?!" then just smothers the dog in kisses and lets the dog lick all over his face right in front of me, he does it intentionally to upset me, Hurt my feelings, and piss me off... It works. I am at the point now where i completely ignore the dog, he doesnt exist to me i refuse to feed him, bath him, pick up hos shit, or take him
Tothe vet, dh has made it more than clear that it is his dog, but he has the nerve to get upset if i dont help out with the teaponsibilities of having thIa dog!!! Dh is MY husband not our dogs!!!! I have 8 years in this family on this dog!!! Ughhhhhhh!!!!

I can't take it anymore. I don't want a divorce or anything but he seriously tells this dog he loves him more than he tells me he loves me. Rolling over in bed at night crying myself to sleep because he is cuddling with his dog instead of me. We rarely have sex anymore bc I am so not comfortable with the dog in the bed while I'm naked getting my nasty on!! And I know there is not another woman because we both work from home and are together 24/7..... But there
Is definitely another love in his life.... The fucking dog.

Am I being stupid and over reacting?! Is DH right when he said I'm ridiculous with my feelings regarding this situation. I want my dh back, the one who loves ME more than anything in this world, the man who can't keep his Hands off ME, not the dog. And i swear on my life there Is no beastiality thing going on, he is just so attached to dog, it really is sickening. Is he trying to push me away and make me leave? Has anyone had this problem before? What do I do? I can't divorce him because of a dog... That sounds so stupid!!! I feel bad but I have dreams that the dog runs away or someone breaks into our house and takes him. Terrible, I know =\

Help me please!!!! :'-(
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Replies (51-60):
dilateyourmind
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:26 AM

He is taking it to far. You are not over-reacting!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Quoting Quantumnerd:

Fake or you seriously need help.

Lol, fake? Yah cuz I have nothing better to do than write out that HUGE post and all these detailed replies while fixing my children and dh breakfast and answering the 25 phone calls I have recieved already this morning. What can I say?! I'm a multitasking fake troll that needs serious help.

Some women just can't help but be nasty. It's so easy hiding behind a computer screen.
And the reason for my anon is bc I am pretty well known around here and don't wanna have to hear about it from all of CM as well as my maltipoo obsessed dh.

Have a nice day!!!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Well, he has made it very clear he doesn't love you like he use to. He would rather have his pet than his wife. I suggest packing up and leaving showing him that he has to pick. It can't be both anymore. My EX wanted our dog in our divorce. Nothing else but the dog!! Didn't want his kid or anything else! Notice how I said EX husband! Yep, I've been there. Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Quoting dilateyourmind:

Thank you. I'm beginning to think the bed in the guest house looks pretty comfy, he can share the master bedroom with his dog lol
dilateyourmind
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting dilateyourmind:

Thank you. I'm beginning to think the bed in the guest house looks pretty comfy, he can share the master bedroom with his dog lol

I am a fight fire with fire person. Sounds reasonable to me. You have to train some poeple how to treat you unfortunatly. he has the right to want to snuggle with the dog. YOU have just as much right not to want to . Time to take a stand sista.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Well, he has made it very clear he doesn't love you like he use to. He would rather have his pet than his wife. I suggest packing up and leaving showing him that he has to pick. It can't be both anymore. My EX wanted our dog in our divorce. Nothing else but the dog!! Didn't want his kid or anything else! Notice how I said EX husband! Yep, I've been there. Good luck

So sad. You got the best part of the deal, your child! I am not sure if I'm ready to pack and be gone yet but the guest house is becoming a serious option now. Me writing all this out is helping me to realize I can put my foot down. Hopefully this doesn't affect his parenting. He is a wonderful dad, to the children and his dog appearently lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Quoting dilateyourmind:

You are my kinda girl! Lol thanks again, your encouragement is very much appreciated!!!(:
dilateyourmind
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting dilateyourmind:

You are my kinda girl! Lol thanks again, your encouragement is very much appreciated!!!(:

Your welcome!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting celshep:

This is the craziest thing I've ever heard. I believe you that he is totally ignoring you for the dog, but wow! Who does that? I would suggest couples counseling... I'm sorry to say this, but this sounds the way my husband acts with his car when he is mad at me for something. He'll go retreat to his car and work on it for weeks over one stupid thing that's bothering him. He hasn't done it in 2 years and it never lasted as long as 6 months, but couples counseling helped with that. Sometimes guys just like to evade and avoid, rather than have difficult discussions.

I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Men can be stubborn, really stubborn. Not Saying women can't but I believe we handle things differently. I am going to bring up couples counselling, I wonder If he will try and bring the dog!!!! Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Quoting alinev:

You and your DH seriously need marriage counseling, you issues started long before the dogs arrived. No spouse should go out and bring home a pair of pups without the approval of the other, much less behave in the ways that you have outlined. 

You need outside help or nothing is going to change. 

In all honesty, we have always got along well. Him purchasing th dogs without talking to me about it shocked me. We never make decisions without talking to each other. Even stupid things like what to have for dinner, dead serious. We were (I am not sure if we still are a GREAT family) everyone looked up to us. It felt good to hear friends say they wanted a marriage like ours. I don't know what happened to him or if I did anything to make him mke such a huge decision on his own without talking to me. Regardless, I will be attending counselling even if he chooses not to come. And if he does, the dog is staying at home! LOL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN