Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate the communist classroom

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:44 AM
  • 964 Replies
7 moms liked this

I'll be homeschooling this year, so this will no longer apply, but I still think it's wrong...

I remember my daughter's Kindergarten year. We bought all brand supplies because, well, we can afford them and they are better quality and last longer so that's what I wanted her to have.

Then I saw what she was actually using and it's not what I purchased!

Second grade, everyone was supposed to bring their school supplies to orientation. We brought ours and were faced with buckets for each type of supply where everything gets dumped in together and is redistributed. Seriously? I opened up DD's crayon box and were Crayola crayons and markers in there? No. Roseart and some non-brand markers.

This irritated the shit out of me because I paid extra for those and she wasn't even the one using them!

I saw that another mom had labeled all her child's supplies at home with permanent marker. Wish I would've thought about that. But it doesn't really do any good because my daughter's 3-prong folder had some other kid's name written on the inside.

by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:45 AM
ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatonemomof2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:47 AM
7 moms liked this
ohh the horror!!....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandae21
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:49 AM

So it wouldn't bother you if some other kid was using things you intended for your child to use?

Quoting thatonemomof2:

ohh the horror!!....

mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Lol

Oy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:51 AM
5 moms liked this
So....the parents that refuse to buy the 6 packs of crayons that their kid will use that year, should that kid just have to sit out when the class does a lesson where they need to color?
fraujones
by Mommytron on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Kids trade stuff in school. At least my daughter and her friends do. Did that happen? 

redhead-bedhead
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm glad that we don't have to deal with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrighteyedAsh
by Ashley on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:55 AM
17 moms liked this
Wow. No way! See, republicanism should be treated like a religion. It's a belief system and that violates it entirely. And if we then lower our own 'quality' it's wrong, but to ask for the BETTER option that someone else pbviously wants but doesn't want to PAY FOR IT...and then WE'RE yelled at and called 'in the wrong' for wanting it enough to 'prioritize' it. They don't have to raise THEIR value system, why would they when they can get it free. So they're
in the right for using something WE cared enough about to PROVIDE our child, and we're 'selfish' and 'in the wrong' for wanting what WE bought to go to OUR own children. I wouldn't stand for it. That communist bs is only 'poor' interested and leaves the ones with higher values beaten down to be 'equal' because it's WRONG to have 'high standards' and work for them and 'RIGHT' to have them and just rob the proclaimed 'narcissistic' other side...okkkkk? Says who? The one only out for liberty so ling as it PROFITS them, but if it robs US, we're 'the bad guy'? UUUGHHH. Disgusting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:56 AM
4 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

So....the parents that refuse to buy the 6 packs of crayons that their kid will use that year, should that kid just have to sit out when the class does a lesson where they need to color?

Yes!
thatonemomof2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:56 AM
28 moms liked this
nope..infact that's how my sons classroom is ran...and I buy extra stuff to through into the community supplies to!! shoot it's just school supplies and I have better things to worry about then if my sons using the Crayolas I got or some off brand...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)