Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

screw it why even bother having a wedding!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Rant:

My entire family has moved outta state n I'm just with my fiance. I've officially given up on even bothering to have a wedding. My own mother has only asked me about it once or twice since March. My so called girlfriends were suppose to come with me to a bridal show that started two hours ago not even a phone call or text. So why am I gonna bother Sooo done.. maybe DF should just elope and have a nice lil vacay what do you think*?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Replies (61-66):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:23 PM

So were you planning on having a wedding for other people or because you wanted a big show or was it actually the commitment ceremony for a real marriage? 

marie2409
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Thank you :). I picked a waaaay better husband this time :):):)

Quoting TarotMommy:

Awe, you're still newlyweds. Congratulations and I'm glad everything turned out as planned.  :)

Quoting marie2409:

Yea we got married March 10th. The tornado tore up Branson on Feb 29th. We already had everything planned. Talk about panic attack! It worked out great though, nothing we had booked or planned was damaged.

Quoting TarotMommy:

I've never been to Branson but have heard alot about it being a fun place. There's Silver Dollar City and all of the shows to see on the strip.

Quoting marie2409:

This is a great idea! We looked into going there, but we went to Branson, MO. Both places have wonderful affordable packages.

My first wedding was traditional. I so enjoyed my second one better!! That may have something to do with I never liked my first husband much though lol.

Quoting TarotMommy:

If you elope in the fall, I suggest Eureke Springs, AR. It is absolutely beautiful there at that time of year with all of the leaves changing colors. You can get a wedding and bed n breakfast package deal. They have a dinner train, carriage rides from the famous, beautiful,  haunted Crescent Hotel. I love that place. It's so romantic.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allie428
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:26 PM
I would elope and spend the money on something that we would enjoy rather than on a 'party' for everyone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:29 PM
this is what we did pretty much.

we eloped, then had 2 babies in 3 years. now we are saving to have a blow out vow renewal for our 5th anniversary.

Quoting Charli627:

Because of problems with the people for our wedding, we just got married at the courthouse and are planning an anniversary wedding.

02nana07
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Go on a cruise and get married on the ship. 

They have packages that include everything and to do it for just the 2 of you the price won't be bad.

The bonus is a vacation complete with eats, including a formal night and your room are included so you can really enjoy it since you don't have to drive anywhere for the honeymoon. 

DixieL
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Quoting CFSTBSM27:

Thank you :) that's a good way to think

Quoting DixieL:

I understand how you feel. You can just elope and have more money for a honeymoon. I'm really sorry about how your family and friends are acting to you. Good Luck and Congratulations

Your welcome Congratulions on your wedding and have a great honeymoon. I hope you and your new husband have a lot of happy years together

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)