Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i don't care if it is $717.00

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
That is what dh will make today before taxes for working. I don't want him to work though. He works 5 days a week. He leaves at 3:45pm and gets home at 5:00am. He works from 6 to 4:20. We only get a few hours with him a day and I look forward to our weekends together. I won't say anything to him but I want him to stay home.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Replies (41-50):
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I understand missing your DH because I miss mine too when he works a lot of hours.  We always have things we can save the money for when he works a day of overtime though so I am always thankful that we have that option. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting SnapIt:

Its called sacrificing And if he doesnt do it often let him Im sure you dont mind if he spent it on the family In the long run it will benefit somehow No one gets ahead if they dont go after something. No one should ever hold back the person willing to make something out of themselves. There will always be days ahead he will spend time with you all. Its called being a grown up and taking responsibilities serious. A few hrs is better than no hrs at all

he does not have a responsibility to work weekends.
Baby8901
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 3:00 PM
I understand where you're coming from. Df works insane hours and he only gets Sundays off so I always miss him but the money gets us through and able to do what we need to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I work FT 8-4 M-F.

DH works 3 days a week 9-5:30 and 4 days a week 10-4.

On top of this, we still have our household chores to keep up on, two kids to contend to, and still not enough money to miss a day of work if we felt so inclinced.

We just take advantage of what time we DO have together! Our saving grace, is that this won't last FOREVER. I do PLAN to start working from home within the next year (two MAX) and that will open a lot of time for us as a family.

colbys_mom
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Me and my bf don't even see eachother tues to sat. We have opposite work schedules. It does suck I know where your coming from. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I understand. but its just 1 day. it never hurts to make and have that little extra bit of money. I always encourage my husband to work whatever overtime he can even though he already works a lot. it sucks but its usually just a little bit extra here and there and that extra money sure does come in handy for fun family trips and that.

momofhnd
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 3:03 PM

thats freaking stupid...Thats alot of money for one day..

pasteeater
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Yeah I'd give up one day for that amount of money. That's a good chunk of cash.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmybooskies
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 3:17 PM

My husband worked over 120 hours in one week  last summer when we had a tropical storm and then 100 and something hours again when we had that crazy Oct snow storm . He hated his life because he barely slept and we didn't get to see him, but when that check came in and it was equal to what we usually get in our tax refund, it was worth it!!! He has a regular job, but whenever we have severe weather, he works the armory and he stays there for absurd hours. I never want him to go in either, but it's nice to have the extra money. Some people haven't had work in months or some people have to work two jobs plus overtime EVERY DAY just to pay the bills on time. My husband never turns down OT simply because we like having extra money.

wifeofvet
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Wow, we aren't even struggling for money, and I would work a Saturday for a paycheck like that. I do understand your feelings though, been there done that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)