Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Clothes for yourself if on a tight budget

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

For those of you living paycheck to paycheck and/or tight budgets, do you ever get to buy clothes for yourself?

i know that i chose to have a large family and that we live on a very tight budget, but im tired of going to the closet and seeing the same clothes hanging there, day after day...not just for myself, but i would like to be able to wear some different clothes to look good for my dh...

any suggestions..what do you all do??

by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:37 PM

sell some of what you have . take that money and go to 2nd hand shops.

LucyHarper
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Most of my clothes are a few years old, when I get new clothes, I usually get them from thrift stores, garage sales, and I shop at stores that are on sale. If an outfit gets really old, I know to to sew so I'll alter it and make it new. 

leanne_7845
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I live in a place where thrift stores are quite abundant.  I LOVE to go and see what I can find for myself for less than $20.  I usually come away with a pretty good amount of stuff, and it's ALL in good shape.  You'd be amazed at the things you can find in a thrift store! 

fla33023
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Salvation Army. I have donated unworn clothes and things in great condition and so do most people. But here's how cheap I have become...I only go on 50% off today! I love getting a pair of Calvin Klein jeans for $4.99!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I do. I shop at thrift stores or outlet stores.

Autumn19
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:45 PM
i get all my clothes from my twin sister we usually swap back and forth so its always changing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:46 PM

2nd hand shops, outlet stores, sales racks(sometimes even yardsales).

mirm99
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:49 PM
I buy a shirt or shorts here and there when they're super cheap(like under $15 for bottoms and under $10 for shirts) and cute.. I don't wait till I need one or for an occasion..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN