Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously help me..pic on first pg

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:07 PM
  • 24 Replies
So a lot of you know my 7 month old has hand foot and mouth virus. Its been since Thursday and his fever is down to 100.5. His bumps look like blisters all over his legs and arms. There are a ton and they look so bad. He is also cutting his top teeth and has a sinus infection. He's on amox and I have been giving him Tylenol, grip water (he's tummy seems to be hurting bad) gas med and teething med. He just screams and crys non stop. I am about to cry, im a single mom and he isn't sleeping at night I got one hour sleep. I don't know if the bumps itch or hurt. I don't know what else to do! I try to nurse.him and he screams...he nursed a tiny bit. I bounced him and walked around with him. I have rocked him. I am sitting in the car with him after driving forever to get him to sleep since he is overly tired. I called the hospital they said call his Dr so I did then he said to.call the hospital! He said hfm disease is normally not all over the legs. Ahhhhhh! Im just bawling. I am so tired and feel so bad for my baby. Idk what else to do for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sassygoddess
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Take him to the emergency room or Urgent care and see what they can do..especially if the blisters shouldn't be on his legs.

ktinaza
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Ok I will right after he wakes up since he hasn't slept at all today.

Quoting sassygoddess:

Take him to the emergency room or Urgent care and see what they can do..especially if the blisters shouldn't be on his legs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Quoting sassygoddess:

You need to do this, I hope he's ok poor little guy.

Mirandamelton25
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Its pretty improtant that you take him to the ER, he sounds miserable.. Best of luck to you, I hope you and your little one get this all worked out <3

ktinaza
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Here is his leg. And that's just some.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ktinaza
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:03 PM
I agree, ER. We had a outbreak of that in a daycare I worked in and no one had it on their legs, sounds bad.
Rach7224
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:04 PM
My daughter would and still gets that or something like those on her legs if she gets hot. Like a heat rash. Is it like a little pimple?
Its kinda hard to tell....

Quoting ktinaza:

Here is his leg. And that's just some.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I just looked it up and found an article that is saying it was a severe strain this year and many had to be hospitalised with it.

http://www.cdc.gov/hand-foot-mouth/index.html

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh, HFM is just terrible. My son and I have both had it. If what JustCj is saying is true (and I am sure it is I am just too lazy to look it up), then I would take him in. I was told back when I had it that I had an extreme case of it (apparently adults are usually unlikely to get it but that is my luck), and I can tell you that I was MISERABLE. So if it is a worse strain going around this year I can only imagine your little one must feel terrible. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN