Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously help me..pic on first pg

Posted by   + Show Post
So a lot of you know my 7 month old has hand foot and mouth virus. Its been since Thursday and his fever is down to 100.5. His bumps look like blisters all over his legs and arms. There are a ton and they look so bad. He is also cutting his top teeth and has a sinus infection. He's on amox and I have been giving him Tylenol, grip water (he's tummy seems to be hurting bad) gas med and teething med. He just screams and crys non stop. I am about to cry, im a single mom and he isn't sleeping at night I got one hour sleep. I don't know if the bumps itch or hurt. I don't know what else to do! I try to nurse.him and he screams...he nursed a tiny bit. I bounced him and walked around with him. I have rocked him. I am sitting in the car with him after driving forever to get him to sleep since he is overly tired. I called the hospital they said call his Dr so I did then he said to.call the hospital! He said hfm disease is normally not all over the legs. Ahhhhhh! Im just bawling. I am so tired and feel so bad for my baby. Idk what else to do for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Replies (21-24):
ktinaza
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:09 PM
;( ugh! Well he got it on Thursday. I took tomorrow off work. I have to work Tuesday. So I hope he's feels ok by then to go.to childcare for the day.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

All together, a little over 2 weeks. 

Quoting ktinaza:

Thank you . How long did it take for him to feel better??

Quoting IncognitoOne:

It is bad :( Keaton had them on his tongue and the inside of his cheeks. Getting him to eat or drink anything was a major task. I hope he gets better soon :(....but it really just has to run it's course. 

Quoting ktinaza:

That's what his look like but only two on his chin and none on the inside of his hands. Most are on his legs and arms. Its terrible.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

My 4 year old had it earlier this year. It was horrible...here's some pics. All they did for him was 2 different antibiotics....one when they thought he had strep throat (he did have strep too) and then the other when the HFM wasn't going away as fast as it should...  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:15 PM

They may not let him. With HFM, you're contagious fever or not....all it would take is for a blister to pop and him get it on his hands and touch something or another child to touch him to spread it. After the blisters are dried up, then he's no longer contagious. 

This is from the CDC website:

Prevention

Hand, foot, and mouth disease is spread from person to person through nose and throat secretions (such as saliva, sputum, or nasal mucus), blister fluid, or stool of infected persons. http://www.cdc.gov/hand-foot-mouth/index.html

Quoting ktinaza:

;( ugh! Well he got it on Thursday. I took tomorrow off work. I have to work Tuesday. So I hope he's feels ok by then to go.to childcare for the day.

jb0520
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:22 PM
I would take him to the hospital...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ktinaza
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:06 PM
This sucks big time!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

They may not let him. With HFM, you're contagious fever or not....all it would take is for a blister to pop and him get it on his hands and touch something or another child to touch him to spread it. After the blisters are dried up, then he's no longer contagious. 

This is from the CDC website:

Prevention

Hand, foot, and mouth disease is spread from person to person through nose and throat secretions (such as saliva, sputum, or nasal mucus), blister fluid, or stool of infected persons. http://www.cdc.gov/hand-foot-mouth/index.html

Quoting ktinaza:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)