Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gun laws would prevent shooting sprees?

Bwahaha

Just had to post it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Replies (221-230):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly! Good for you! Men think women are weak but I swear we have a reserve when it comes to us just finally having enough, or our danger is pushed, especially when it involved me knowing I had a child inside me. Suddenly I was strong. I guess that's adrenline.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

I agree. My ex could over power me easily and he was half my size and shorter then me. But 1 day right before i left i had it and snapped and almost killed him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you. I always just sorta thought I couldn't fight back because I knew the people who hurt me but if some stranger came in I would let out all my pent up anger out on him and probably get in trouble for excessive force to be frank if he didn't shoot me first, but that was always just what I imagined. I do know when I was 4 months pregnant my ex attacked me and he was a hell of a lot stronger but my blind fury to protect my baby I beat him senseless after he put his hands on me and still managed to get him arrested the next day. My DH now is a wonderful man who is raising my son with me, but I always thought it could be like that again but I guess if someone had a gun it wouldn't be of course there would be no battle of wills. All I know is that even if you are weaker if there is not a gun you can overpower someone with your mother's instinct. I did.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Oh hun sorry you went through all that.

Im not use to it either. I aint from here.

Where im from you could leave your doors unlocked and open and go to the store and no one would touch anything.

This is new to me and scares me.

My dad was my safety but since their wreck almost 3 months ago and it changin dad in so many ways, the gun is my safety now.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am NOT used to it. I used to live in a safe place, I was raped as a teen but by someone I knew, date rape. I was assaulted the next year by someone I knew. I always thought I would whoop some ass knowing what I went through if given a second chance, but I suppose if everyone around here has guns I had better get a taser something to take someone down just in case something does happen. My cousin was robbed and she used to live up the street from here but she was not home, I don't know if they would have broken in if she was home, all I know is I have renter's insurance but I never thought about someone coming in while we were home...that does not happen a lot around here mostly the burglars wait til you aren't home but it does not hurt to be too careful

Quoting mstkn.identity:

There ar always gun shots here. Every night. I dont live in a very safe neighborhood here in phoenix.

Quoting Anonymous:

I actually never would have worried about living here if in the past couple weeks I have not had to report shots fired a couple times. Scared the shit out of me. Def not fireworks. I know the sound of a gun. I fired a gun before on a shooting range to try it. I don't go out at night, I lock my doors and windows, but after hearing those shots in the past month a couple times I think I shall have a backup plan. I don't live in suburbia anymore. My job was eliminated during a merger so now I have to wait til I have my BA to go back to my nice life because apparently its no longer 2004 where people get jobs with no college degrees that pay awesome...

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Thanks. Ill check it out. But im still keepin my gun. Lol

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

Well, I own a taser. They are only illegal in a few states.

http://www.defenseproducts101.com/statestatutesummary_page2.html

I made it clicky for you cause I noticed you were on mobile.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

I thought those were illegal in most states or any kind of taser?

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

You can always get the ones that shoot.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

You have to get awfuly close to use one of those. Intruder can grab ya before you even get to use it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ehh fuck it I'm getting a tazer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Omg I took anatomy that sounds simply awful. I wish you both the best, and I am sorry that sounds so painful.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Dad broke/fractured 3 ribs, 3 vertabraes in his neck, his right eye socket and his left check.

He can walk, but he cant talk right. Ge has Aphasia.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so sorry I will pray for your dad. I had a friend have an accident and he broke his neck and now he walks he was never supposed to walk again, maybe a miracle will happen.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

He had a severe brain injury and is now "special needs" (thats how the doc explained it. Thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh and I'm sorry did you lose your dad in the wreck or was he just severely injured? You said changing so I'm assuming he is still with you but got severely hurt, I'm really sorry.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Where im from you could leave your doors unlocked and open and go to the store and no one would touch anything.

My dad was my safety but since their wreck almost 3 months ago and it changin dad in so many ways, the gun is my safety now.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am NOT used to it. I used to live in a safe place, I was raped as a teen but by someone I knew, date rape. I was assaulted the next year by someone I knew. I always thought I would whoop some ass knowing what I went through if given a second chance, but I suppose if everyone around here has guns I had better get a taser something to take someone down just in case something does happen. My cousin was robbed and she used to live up the street from here but she was not home, I don't know if they would have broken in if she was home, all I know is I have renter's insurance but I never thought about someone coming in while we were home...that does not happen a lot around here mostly the burglars wait til you aren't home but it does not hurt to be too careful

Quoting mstkn.identity:

There ar always gun shots here. Every night. I dont live in a very safe neighborhood here in phoenix.

Quoting Anonymous:

I actually never would have worried about living here if in the past couple weeks I have not had to report shots fired a couple times. Scared the shit out of me. Def not fireworks. I know the sound of a gun. I fired a gun before on a shooting range to try it. I don't go out at night, I lock my doors and windows, but after hearing those shots in the past month a couple times I think I shall have a backup plan. I don't live in suburbia anymore. My job was eliminated during a merger so now I have to wait til I have my BA to go back to my nice life because apparently its no longer 2004 where people get jobs with no college degrees that pay awesome...

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

Quoting mstkn.identity:

You have to get awfuly close to use one of those. Intruder can grab ya before you even get to use it.

Quoting Anonymous:

mstkn.identity
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:02 AM
There may have been more fractures but there main concern was the brain bleed. He was in a coma 3 weeks and hospital 7 weeks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg I took anatomy that sounds simply awful. I wish you both the best, and I am sorry that sounds so painful.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Dad broke/fractured 3 ribs, 3 vertabraes in his neck, his right eye socket and his left check.

He can walk, but he cant talk right. Ge has Aphasia.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so sorry I will pray for your dad. I had a friend have an accident and he broke his neck and now he walks he was never supposed to walk again, maybe a miracle will happen.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

He had a severe brain injury and is now "special needs" (thats how the doc explained it. Thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh and I'm sorry did you lose your dad in the wreck or was he just severely injured? You said changing so I'm assuming he is still with you but got severely hurt, I'm really sorry.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJess9
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Yeah, because it worked so well with alcohol during prohibition and now drugs. Drugs are sooo hard to find because they're illegal, right? Oh, wait, they aren't hard to find at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate this arguement its so freaking stupid. You can tell the gun lovers are the ones posting this bullshit. Here is how it works guns are illegal, all guns, every kind, every state unless you are a cop or in the military. Yeah it would take some time for this system to work but eventually it would be hard for a civilian to get a gun thus a guy goes crazy wants to be a criminal and is like okay I'm gonna go shoot some people...shit where do I buy a gun? Nowhere. I know its in the fucking constitution to bear arms, it needs changed, the world is nuts. End of fucking story. I will tell a progun person everytime how it would work if they changed it and how it would save lives. Ohh and as far as the people talking "blah blah blah I have a concealed carry and would have saved the day, or my DH does or blah di blah." The fucker was wearing a bulletproof vest. He threw gas clouding everyones vision so good luck aiming, also its a dark fucking movie, you would be more likely to blow some innocent person next to you away before you did him while trying to play hero then how would you feel? Ugh. I am sure I will get a lot of bitching for this reply or people telling me I'm wrong but I don't give a shit you all know I'm right if there were no guns there would be no psychos to shoot them. Duh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Seen it on facebook.com

_diva_
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Well your right . I guess I didn't think about it that way. I will still blow his away. I'm sorry you went threw all of that. That had to be horrible things to go threw :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I mentioned I have decided to get a taser gun, but the reason I feel I could do this is because I have been attacked. I have been raped, I was assaulted the next year by a man I knew. Then as an adult at 4 months pregnant my ex tried to fight me hand to hand him much stronger than me and my mama urge took over and I whooped his ass. I got him thrown in jail too since he hit me first and I was the pregnant one. I would not hesitate if someone was in my house and I had a knife, after the shit I been thru in life honey...just the thought of another man raping me is enough for me to want to stab him from his chest to his nuts.

Quoting _diva_:

Lmao!! Explain to me how you are gonna stab say a 200 pound man more then twice. Idk how big u are but I'm about 5'7 and he would chunk me around. Damn letting him get that close I will blow his ass away. And stabbing is a very up close and personal thing. Don't hesitate or it that knife can be easily taken away. Js

Quoting Anonymous:

If someone broke in my house and I lived not within 2 mins I have plenty of big fucking knives, in a dark house I'm not afraid to stab someone in the back, its my house not theirs, they don't know their way around, I guess I don't need to hide behind a gun to feel I could protect myself. Baseball bat. Ha. Its called stabby stab stab stab stab stab!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate this arguement its so freaking stupid. You can tell the gun lovers are the ones posting this bullshit. Here is how it works guns are illegal, all guns, every kind, every state unless you are a cop or in the military. Yeah it would take some time for this system to work but eventually it would be hard for a civilian to get a gun thus a guy goes crazy wants to be a criminal and is like okay I'm gonna go shoot some people...shit where do I buy a gun? Nowhere. I know its in the fucking constitution to bear arms, it needs changed, the world is nuts. End of fucking story. I will tell a progun person everytime how it would work if they changed it and how it would save lives. Ohh and as far as the people talking "blah blah blah I have a concealed carry and would have saved the day, or my DH does or blah di blah." The fucker was wearing a bulletproof vest. He threw gas clouding everyones vision so good luck aiming, also its a dark fucking movie, you would be more likely to blow some innocent person next to you away before you did him while trying to play hero then how would you feel? Ugh. I am sure I will get a lot of bitching for this reply or people telling me I'm wrong but I don't give a shit you all know I'm right if there were no guns there would be no psychos to shoot them. Duh.

The number of guns owned by civilians in the United States is

between 238 million and 276 million, making country of 268 million

people the most armed in the world,

So what happens to the exisiting 276 MILLION guns? You can't seize them without changing the constitution. IF you can change it, you have to PAY for them.  Any idea of what that could cost?

And do you think people would just hAND them over? HAH!

shhh you cant argue with the brady bunch

they know everything about guns didnt you get the memo!

fuck all the people who hunt

fuck the people who get robbed

just as long as it never happens to me it can never happen to anyone

as long as we get rid of the guns nothing bad will ever ever ever ever happen!

all the crime will just magically go away because the guns will be gone, because criminals could never ever just buy them randomly off the streets from the stockpiles brought in from cuba and mexico. 

*sarcasm please be noted*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:29 AM
Once someone has taken advantage of you it sort of changes your perspective on survival. And thank you.

Quoting _diva_:

Well your right . I guess I didn't think about it that way. I will still blow his away. I'm sorry you went threw all of that. That had to be horrible things to go threw :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I mentioned I have decided to get a taser gun, but the reason I feel I could do this is because I have been attacked. I have been raped, I was assaulted the next year by a man I knew. Then as an adult at 4 months pregnant my ex tried to fight me hand to hand him much stronger than me and my mama urge took over and I whooped his ass. I got him thrown in jail too since he hit me first and I was the pregnant one. I would not hesitate if someone was in my house and I had a knife, after the shit I been thru in life honey...just the thought of another man raping me is enough for me to want to stab him from his chest to his nuts.

Quoting _diva_:

Lmao!! Explain to me how you are gonna stab say a 200 pound man more then twice. Idk how big u are but I'm about 5'7 and he would chunk me around. Damn letting him get that close I will blow his ass away. And stabbing is a very up close and personal thing. Don't hesitate or it that knife can be easily taken away. Js

Quoting Anonymous:

If someone broke in my house and I lived not within 2 mins I have plenty of big fucking knives, in a dark house I'm not afraid to stab someone in the back, its my house not theirs, they don't know their way around, I guess I don't need to hide behind a gun to feel I could protect myself. Baseball bat. Ha. Its called stabby stab stab stab stab stab!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

The number of guns owned by civilians in the United States is

between 238 million and 276 million, making country of 268 million

people the most armed in the world,

So what happens to the exisiting 276 MILLION guns? You can't seize them without changing the constitution. IF you can change it, you have to PAY for them.  Any idea of what that could cost?

And do you think people would just hAND them over? HAH!

shhh you cant argue with the brady bunch

they know everything about guns didnt you get the memo!

fuck all the people who hunt

fuck the people who get robbed

just as long as it never happens to me it can never happen to anyone

as long as we get rid of the guns nothing bad will ever ever ever ever happen!

all the crime will just magically go away because the guns will be gone, because criminals could never ever just buy them randomly off the streets from the stockpiles brought in from cuba and mexico. 

*sarcasm please be noted*

chelefern
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
As the great Chris Rock said "sell all the guns you want to anybody, just charge $5,000.00 for each bullet!!"
chelefern
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 9:02 PM
As the great Chris Rock said "Go ahead and sell all the guns to anyone who wants them, just make sure you sell EACH bullet for $5,000.00"
kalexer
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:41 AM

China ban guns, so you don't hear about mass shooting, but you do hear about mass stabbing. Criminals are criminals, they find their ways.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured